[Position] Senior Manager, Innovation Category Strategy &Project Management
[Salary] 12~15M million JPY
Note: Applicants must currently be living in Japan and speak Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global FMCG Company
This position will work with the management team to define and implement the key short- and long-term strategic projects and opportunities. The role will support the creation of innovative, data driven strategies, by working with high volume of consumer, competitive and company data for category analysis, be able to identify business opportunities, gaps, and support the implementation of determined actions to grow market share. The role also requires the candidate to deliver succinct presentations which can be presented to senior leadership in the company, including global brand presidents for critical initiatives.
Key responsibilities include: Analyze and synthesize market and consumer data and insights for key markets such as Japan and Korea for actionable strategic recommendations that will be presented to the senior leadership including global brand presidents for critical projects; Manage strong analytics for on-going innovation sufficiency deep-dive across our brands for APAC and key markets; provide analytical support to leadership. This is a highly strategic role requiring strong problem solving; written, oral and presentation-based communication skills; analytical skills, ability to think strategically; Projects will be presented to global/regional/affiliate brand management to drive insights to actions
- Market and category analysis and business case development
- Support the senior management to define and implement the key short- and long-term strategic projects and opportunities.
- Deliver succinct presentations that drive market share growth
- Work with the Director to manage the project team to co-create and then operationalize the strategy
- Conduct in-depth analysis on highly confidential, strategic information to drive actionable strategy formation
- Managing co-ordination of project stakeholders and project working groups
- Maintaining a detailed project plan, managing project deliverables in line with the plan
- Liaising with, and updating project progress to Program Managers / Senior Management
- Supporting project evaluation / reporting metrics / KPIs
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8-10 years' experience in a strategy role e.g. strategic consulting or corporate strategy from multinational companies.
- English and Japanese mandatory, Korean is a strong plus, Other Asian languages preferred
- Strong analytical skills and experience, working with complex and large data sets to draw strategic direction and implications on actions
- Create and deliver succinct Power Point presentations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing cross-functional projects with strong organizational skills and effectively interact with all departments across Functions/Regions/Brands
- Ability to shift focus, multi-task, and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong connections with key points of contact and / or capable of creating / developing cross relationships
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Product Management, Project Management, Strategy / Planning