※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Public Affairs/Policy Director／40代後半までの方におススメ！
[Salary] 15〜17 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
The role of the Senior Policy and Public Affairs Manager is critical to the successful delivery of the Policy and Public Affairs strategy and of breakthroughs that change patients' lives in Japan. A strategic, externally facing role, encompassing a wide range of stakeholder engagement responsibility and requiring a high degree of commercial acumen, the role will work with the business to drive forward high impact policy shaping programs to support strategic priorities.
- Be responsible for leading programs/tactics, internally and externally, to implement strategies aligned with assigned TA and/or policy areas
- Provide expert advice to assigned TA and company on external engagement
- Proactively identify risks/opportunities that may impact market access, reputational and other priorities of assigned TA or company (both in and above country)
- Work collaboratively with the wider Policy and Public Affairs team (both in and above country) to deliver coordinated activities in support of core projects and workstreams
- Lead the development and delivery of specific Policy and Public Affairs campaigns in support of company's strategic priorities
- Undertake senior external engagement and build relationships in support of key strategic priorities
- Develop impactful messaging and external written materials and in response to government and industry consultations
- Be a trusted adviser to senior business leaders on the healthcare political and policy environment
In particular, the role will:
- Create, develop and deliver industry-leading strategic public affairs campaigns to support the achievement of business objectives - short, medium and long-term success
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with Business Units in order to ensure comprehensive understanding of their business and relevant environmental factors
- Work closely with all parts of the our business, including Business Units, Health & Value (including regional access), Medical Affairs, R&D and our colleagues to develop relevant national policy frameworks and propositions
- Work in close alignment with other External Engagement functions to ensure a coherent, truly integrated approach to Corporate Affairs support
- Work closely with relevant colleagues to develop company's positions/propositions that support a favorable access environment - short, medium and long-term needs
- Establish company as a thought leader: encourage and advance public debate, secure industry policy leadership, achieving alignment on company-led positions
- Build long-term advocacy amongst and leverage network with a diverse range of stakeholders including: Government (e.g. Administration, MHLW, MOF and METI), Diet members, third party policy groups (e.g. think tanks), trade associations (e.g., JPMA, PhRMA)
- Proactively seek and take opportunities to play key roles in trade associations to align and advance industry and our priorities
- Ensure Japanese country leadership and Corporate Affairs leadership as well as other Regional and Global functions/colleagues have timely awareness of policy developments, related positions and activities
- Good understanding of the systems and processes in which the business operates - including the national health insurance, drug pricing and reimbursement, medicines regulation, specific therapeutic areas and HTA
- Excellent knowledge of market access policy development, its key drivers, thought leaders and NHI systems
- Fluency in both Japanese and English (e.g., TOEIC score of 800 or higher) with outstanding oral and written communications skills
- High impact influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated record of developing networks both within and outside their organization
- Ability to work effectively with senior leaders
- Well organized, highly motivated, collaborative, creative and analytical problem solver
- Effective planning, prioritization and project management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, matrix environment
- Pro-active, self-starter able to work with minimal day to day supervision
- Education: B.A. required and advanced degree preferred, in relevant areas such as policy, economics, business administration and public health
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Strong and demonstrable career experience in the public policy arena, from a background such as health care (ideal), life sciences, public affairs agency, civil service, political or think tank
- Political and Diet process knowledge and an existing policy network of key stakeholders
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Health Care Provider, Public Relations