[Position] Manager, Privacy
[Salary] 9~12.5 million JPY
Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
International Pharma Company
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Manager, Privacy has primary responsibility for local support for the GRC, JANZ, and Korea business units on day to day privacy needs and processes in addition to ensuring the processes are kept up to date with changing privacy laws. The Manager, Privacy is additionally responsible for providing support to the Global Privacy team on global privacy operations and activities.
- Provide day to day privacy support to the GRC, JANZ, and Korea business units, including consultations on applicable privacy laws, contracting review and negotiation, and privacy by design considerations;
- Conduct data protection impact assessments (DPIAs);
- Maintain applicable Records of Processing Activities (ROPA);
- Draft, conduct, and track regional training & awareness activities;
- Timely process and track data subject requests (DSRs);
- Implement updates to privacy laws in the GRC, JANZ, and Korea; and
- Support the Global Privacy team on Cybersecurity incidents, entity and DPO registrations, and other global activities as necessary.
- Work with the Global Privacy team to provide local support for global initiatives;
- Cooperate with other functional areas on privacy review of customer, vendor, and other contracts;
- Cooperate with other functional areas on privacy due diligence activities.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent / Juris Doctorate or equivalent
- IAPP certification (CIPM, CIPT, applicable CIPP, etc.) is preferred
- 3+ years' experience in providing day to day privacy support to the GRC, JANZ, and Korea business units (GRC, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and Korea), including consultations on applicable privacy laws, contracting review and negotiation, privacy by design considerations, and due diligence activities.
- 3 + years' experience with conducting data protection impact assessments (DPIAs).
- 2+ years' experience in Maintaining applicable Records of Processing Activities (ROPA) (Preferred)
- 2+ years' experience in Drafting, conducting, and tracking regional training & awareness activities (Preferred)
- 2+ years' experience in Timely processing and tracking of data subject requests (DSRs). (Preferred)
- 2+ years' experience in Implementation of updates to privacy laws. (Preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare Industry (Preferred)
- IAPP certification (CIPM, CIPT, applicable CIPP, etc.) (Preferred)
- Business Level English or above
Social insurance, WFH, Flex
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal