[Position] Portfolio Manager
[Location] Hong Kong
[Salary] 9 ~11 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Trading Company
- Asset allocation recommendations for liquid portfolio based in Japan
- Investment Manager will be based in HK with travelling to Japan
- Report directly to CFO in HK
- Selection of third-party managed fund products or other lower-risk liquid securities (e.g. interest rate products) or liquid structured investment products for the portfolio
- Majority of the portfolio will be allocated to third-party managed funds within the Japanese market
- Direct trading of a small number of plain vanilla equities and/or fixed income (conservative low-risk stocks and bonds), mainly within the Japanese market
- Maintain relationships with brokers and banks in Japan
- Trade and invest within the financial restrictions set between the Japanese financiers
- Agree on an investment mandate with CFO in HK and CFO in Japan
- Work closely with the Finance team in Japan and HK for trade support, settlement and reporting
- Compile weekly investment portfolio updates, monthly reports and quarterly reports in English for the CEO and CFO. Reporting will be supported from the HK operations team also.
- 5+ years experience in equities and/or fixed income/ or other liquid securities trading with asset allocation and products screening experience for the Japanese capital markets
- Ideally trained from a major financial institution (bank/ asset manager/ wealth management advisers/ securities house) with subsequent experience in medium to small-sized companies
- Solid fundamental analytical skills with proven track record through at least one economic cycle (good and bad markets)
- Conservative investment style, comfortable with plain vanilla "not high risk" investment strategy and products
- Good interpersonal skills - frequent interactions with Japan staff, brokers, banks in Japan and head office in HK
- Fluent in both English and Japanese
- Willing to be based in HK most of the time and travel to Japan when COVID-19 subsides
Flex time system (core time 10:00~16:00)
Full 2 holiday week system, New year's holiday, Annual Leave and more
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance