Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Consumer Goods Company（Start up in Japan）
This role will report to the Japan GM with a dotted line reporting into both the Operations groups in US and Europe. This role will initially be responsible for coordinating with the US and Europe teams the production of products for the Japanese market, the logistics of importing these products into Japan and then supporting the Japanese sales team in making product available for sale, either at retail or on eCommerce. The role will then develop into investigating the sourcing of production more locally in Japan and Asia, as the Japanese business develops.
- Coordination of the production of Japanese products with the US and Italy Operations teams, including volume, specification, packaging requirements
- Logistical responsibility for coordinating delivery and importation from the US and Italy into Japan
- Responsibility for the importation of product into Japan and any administration requirements
- Shipping - Cost control and communication with freight forwarders and suppliers. Component procurement, maintaining shipping deadlines, communication on shipping status and schedules with wider team.
- Responsibility for project management of operations in Japan
- Coordination with the Office manager role to ensure all necessary paperwork to ensure compliance is undertaken and managed appropriately
- Develop and manage the in-house warehouse and stock control functions in line with business needs to aid company growth, cost and stock control, reporting and ultimately profitability
- Developing the appropriate packaging and labelling requirements needed for customers in the Japanese market
- Work on setting up the operational infrastructure needed supporting the sourcing, storing and last mile fulfilment of customer orders
- Working with the ecom team on specific online products which fall outside standard retail operational flow. Create solutions outside of existing processes to meet the speed of ecom.
- Work with wider Global team for shared company goals/cost savings and efficiencies.
- 5 years experience in supply chain and logistics for a company importing product into Japan
- Experience in delivering into an eCommerce supply chain solution in Japan, such as Rakuten or Amazon
- A background in publishing or printing houses in Japan would be preferable
- A good network of logistics, warehousing and supply chain companies in Japan
- A solid grasp of tools used to manage logistic and supply chains and Microsoft Office
- Hands-on, highly organized and able to prioritize to hit deadlines
- Strong teamwork skills
- Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills with multiple stakeholders
- English language skills
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.