[Position] Logistics Analyst
[Salary] 6~8 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Health care company
- Accountable and responsible for defining, monitoring, and improving KPIs and Metrics for international logistics and provider management, such as on-time performance, logistics cost, failure rates, rates vs planned rates, and damage/claims.
- Formulate and execute cost reduction, process improvement, and productivity improvement strategies and initiatives.
- Manage freight forwarder and customs broker relationships and performance management.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit the abilities and competencies to be promoted to department manager within 1 to 3 years of hire.
- Manage shipment tracking, defect analysis, and exception management.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the daily inbound PO visibility reports, in addition to the daily shipment reports from the various logistics providers and the ASN process.
- Set, maintain, and improve assigned KPI and Metrics to ensure required service levels and attainment of cost targets.
- Manage and evaluate a performance of service provider and carriers by
- Holding MBR/QBR with forwarders, transportation providers and custom brokers
- Defining and managing Service Level Agreements
- Analyzing provider costs, leadtime, service performance, shipping schedules, and other relevant topics
- Process flow owner from factory pick up to delivery to destination DC.
- Ensures the effective delivery of corporate initiatives, programs, and directives in accordance with logistics sourcing strategy and financial plans.
- Implements and maintains a quality/failure escalation process for tracking and ensuring prompt resolution of customer service issue and product quality improvement.
- Administers and optimizes factory shipping requirements/SLAs and forwarder shipping schedules.
- Ensures consistent use of RCCMs (Root Cause Counter Measures) and PPI, provides annual training to team members, and monitors compliance to set logistics policies and rules.
- Responsible for maintaining SLA, KPIs, and performance reviews for processes outsourced to forwarders and customs brokers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of direct experience in import/export, program management, logistics/transportation management, and/or trade compliance.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Strong Japanese and English communication (written/spoken) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally and in a matrixed environment with many stakeholders, and ability to influence without direct authority.
- Experience with ERPs (SAP, Oracle) and other SCM optimization SaaS or tools preferred.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving capabilities, with direct, applied experience in Supply Chain, and can and will jump in and roll up sleeves to get whatever needs to be done.
- Expert level data mining, data analysis, data reporting, vendor management, and negotiation skills.
- Experience leading and running transformation projects and roadmaps, including formal project management, PPI, Six Sigma Black Belt, and/or Lean Enterprise/Manufacturing certification.
- Ability to successfully create clear actionable objectives and facilitate career planning for team members.
- Knowledge of business systems and information technology for managing complex supply chain activities, in addition new technology and best practices.
- Logistics management experience with biotech/life science products, DG, hazmat, regulated materials, and cold chain is preferred.
- Experience with developing and maintaining procedures and policies is required.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday , Annual Leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Function: Supply Chain