※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Internal Communications Manager
[Salary] 13〜15 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
You will help the Japan office leaders develop and execute a strategy for engaging groups of colleagues on critical topics to increase understanding, gather input, and ultimately shape changes in how they operate.
You will also work independently to create effective communication content using a range of formats including stories (both written and multi-media), discussion guides, memos, surveys, polls, etc. You will work with internal visual graphics and media team, external agencies, vendors and other creative resources to conceptualize and manage the development of online and offline communications projects such as videos, apps, microsites, web content and other communications.
You will execute detailed programs and be in charge of other programs that will require you to provide proactive executive support and coaching. You will also make creative and innovative communication ideas. You will translate complex ideas into engaging formats including townhalls, videos, written messages, polls and surveys, small-group discussions and other hands-on experiences.
Considering the strategic nature of this role, you will be working primarily but not exclusively in three domains below. These priorities will be reviewed by the office leaders and revisited over time to prioritize evolving strategic agenda.
- Planning, orchestrating and operating company's leadership and office-wide communication forum including meetings and townhalls
- Restructuring, reconfiguring and maintaining the office information and insights up to date for internal and external audience
- Crafting executive communication on behalf of office leadership team
- 8 years in an external / internal communication role experiences, or equivalent management consulting experience (e.g. engagement manager level) preferred
- Expertise in developing compelling communications narratives and effectively communicating via presentations, scripts, or emails without significant editing
- Uncompromising commitment to quality - detail oriented but able to see the big picture
- Team builder and collaborator; evidence of an outstanding ability to build strong, durable networks across multiple markets
- Resilient, nimble, agile and quick to act, with strong drive for quality execution
- Natural authority through interpersonal style, with high IQ and EQ
- Able to work in a demanding and performance-oriented culture
- At ease and relaxed, easy to talk to and get to know, listens attentively
◆Skills and Capabilities
- Strategic thinking with strong critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to absorb rapidly and grapple with a wide range of complex issues
- Evidence of intellectual curiosity as demonstrated by other professional training and outside activities
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills; track record of working effectively and forming peer-level relationships with senior members of an organization
- Strong project management skills; ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency
- Exceptional writing skills including a portfolio of published writing across a variety of platforms
- Instinctive understanding of digital and technology tools
- Thorough understanding of internal and digital communications channels
- Fluency in English and native-level Japanese is essential
- Clear and crisp communicator
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Experience offering counsel to senior executives before they interact with internal and external audiences
- Experience with current web practices, supporting technologies, new media (including social media and viral messaging)
- Experience with large, complex organizations, and a proven ability to diplomatically balance the needs of various stakeholders
- Strong track record in developing and executing successful internal and leadership communications programs, either in-house or with an agency
- Previous journalism, marcoms and corporate communications experience, or relevant experience in professional services is a bonus
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Marketing, Public Relations