Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and speak Fluent ~ Native level Japanese.
[Position Head of Internal Audit
[Salary] 15~20 million JPY (Experiences and skills will be considered)
Global Insurance Company
[Responsibilities (will vary in accordance with the level of the candidate) ]
- Oversee and perform all audit activities (including Group Internal Audit initiatives) in the Company in a quality and timely manner, with regular reporting to Group Office Internal Audit.
- Perform and deliver the audit projects in the audit plan in a quality and timely manner, including review of working papers and reports to ensure compliance with Group Internal Audit Methodology. This includes:
- developing the objectives, scope and timeline of audit projects with agreement from management
- meeting management to walkthrough the relevant processes and controls
- identifying the key risks and controls to be assessed
- assessing the design and operating effectiveness of the key controls identified to mitigate the key risks
- assessing the root causes, risks, impact and remediation actions of the observations identified and documented in the audit report, with agreement and buy-in from management
- Follow up with management on remediation actions arising from audit projects, including proper and timely verification of the remediation actions to ensure the risks are addressed effectively in a timely manner.
- Design and develop a comprehensive and relevant risk-based audit plan for the Company, with regular assessment to ensure the audit plan for the Company remains relevant to provide assurance to the key risks in line with the Company's strategy and aspirations.
- Act as a key point of contact to management, with maintenance of strong management relationships through regular engagement to provide management with updates, insights and foresights on the Company control environment and to obtain latest business strategy and information which may influence the audit plan and audit projects.
- Prepare and present the Internal Audit Progress Report at the Audit Committee with insight and assurance provided.
- Prepare papers and presentations for local Management Committee, key senior management stakeholders and Group Internal Audit with insights and assurance provided.
- Lead and build a team of audit professionals, including providing clear direction and support to the team.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in audit, with experience in risk based internal audit in the insurance industry a must
- Charted Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or other related professional certification
- Prior experience working with senior management and audit committee is a must, with experience in influencing and challenging senior management, and building excellent relationships.
- Strong knowledge of life insurance trends, regulations and business processes
- Strong knowledge of internal audit methodologies, audit projects management, risks and controls
- Strong English and Japanese written and verbal communication skills, with confidence to engage and influence senior management to achieve the desired outcomes
- Collaborator and team player who is enthusiastic, motivated and detailed oriented
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, and interpersonal skills
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Finance