Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
Global Advertising Agency
- Work with regional and global teams to help develop the data and analytics capabilities in Japan particularly around data science solutions such as predictive modelling, segmentation, big data analytics, advanced machine learning, etc.
- Work with clients and internal stakeholders as a trusted advisor and hands-on practitioner to identify opportunities to drive effectiveness, optimization, and improvement on client's marketing techniques, strategies and performances by putting the customer at the center of business and marketing practice.
- Drive the data-driven business and marketing planning process in customer generation, customer relationship development, nurturing, and retention while deeply understand client's data and marketing platform requirements as well as business challenges.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data collection techniques, the data wrangling process, and the tools and technologies to integrate, analyse, and monitor performances across different data sets - first-party and other data such as: search, social, website, media, event, commerce, POS, user profile, geo-location, etc.
- Guide the data and analytics teams on client projects including, but not limited to:
- Research efforts and develop surveys to gather consumer and market insights
- Work in social listening and search analytics to discover trends and consumer perceptions
- Develop audience profiling and personas across a suite of profiling tools
- Visualization of analytics and reports, delivering insights in different outputs formats
- Develop KPI recommendation and testing agenda to improve the effectiveness of executions
- Undertake campaign reporting across paid media, social, campaign-based, and organic
- Regularly report on monthly, weekly marketing activities for continuous improvement
- Data storytelling to connect the dots and unlock the value of findings from analytics
- Lead on tool and training requirements to ensure the data and analytics team is up-to-date and skilled. Foster a culture of experimentation and learning, and leverage technology as a tool for learning. Collaborate regionally with other data team to train and learn from them, share best practice, discuss on best in class projects.
- Stay up-to-date on trends and developments around advancement of analytical skills, programming languages, data or ML dev/ops, cloud computing, marketing technologies, etc.
Successful candidates will have strong mathematical or statistical backgrounds, proven project management skills, and thrive in a team environment of open idea exchange.
- Minimum 7 years of experience on service provider side with proven track record of building professional services practices in marketing, advertising, or creative data business.
- Experience delivering cross-functional data science projects in a marketing context, specifically advertising, media, audience segmentation, customer acquisition, nurturing and retention, next-best action recommendations, content personalization, etc. is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and abilities.
- Experience in analyzing large data sets using SQL ideally in cloud based solutions.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software or languages such as Python, R
- Experience with analytical modelling such as clustering, decision tree learning, regression, etc. ideally applying machine learning tools and techniques.
- Solid grasp of marketing technology with ability to explain and provide recommendations as it relates to the customer experience in particular platforms around Marketing Automation or CRM or CDP, e.g. Adobe Experience Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Treasure Data.
- Experience Reporting and BI with working knowledge of standard tools such as: Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Expeirence in Preformance Marketing and Social Listening and working with media agencies to optimize campaigns and track results.
- Knowledge of media activation particularly on social, using DMP will be an added plus.
- English proficiency compellable to native speakers. Experience working on large scale digitized business or operational marketing transformation projects is desirable.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.