※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] HR & Employment Lawyer
[Salary] 16〜24 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
As an Employment Counsel, you will partner with HR stakeholders closely and provide legal solutions as the company grows within the APAC region covering South East Asia, Australia & New Zealand, and East Asia. You will work with a range of stakeholders and teams. The position will be based in Japan and will report to the Senior Legal Counsel responsible for Japan and Korea.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to be specialized in handling both local and cross-border employment-related matters in a fast-growing organization with employees doing various types of cutting edge work.
- Advice on whole menu of HR issues: compliance of rules, operations and procedures with labor regulations; investigations and disciplinary actions; labor and other HR related disputes; etc.
- Based in Tokyo, solely handling the above for Japan office. Will also provide the above advice for other APAC countries in which company operates in conjunction with HR counsels based in Singapore and legal counsels based in various local offices.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice and support to Human Resources working in the APAC region;
- Draft and review employment-related agreements, policies and other documents, including offer letters, severance agreements, confidentiality agreements, employee handbooks, and incentive plans;
- Advise on topics such as employee handbooks, policies and procedures; recruitment and hiring; global mobility; data privacy; workplace health and safety; employee relations; performance management; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; leaves of absence; compensation and benefits; discrimination; harassment; and confidentiality;
- Provide training for the HR team.
- Minimum 5 years experience, either at a law firm or in-house. Practical knowledge and first hand experience of a wide range of HR related legal issues in Japan is essential. Same for countries other than Japan, preferably in the SEA region, highly desireable.
- Must be fluent in Japanese and the ability to render advice in English is essential.
- Experience in the tech industry/ start-up/ company with a young work-force/ multi-national and diverse company, each a plus.
- Mediator and facilitator with a proven ability to analyze employment law matters of all levels of complexity, and exercise sound judgment in balancing legal risks and business needs;
- Team player, strong people skills and ability to engage on all levels of the organisation
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, strong attention to detail, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to ascertain internal client's true interests and make an impact;
- Strong eagerness to help internal clients at all levels of the company achieve business grow and thrive.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Human Resources, Legal