※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Government Affairs Director
[Salary] 15〜22 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
He/she will be responsible for developing and executing an effective government relations strategy in support of the Company's businesses in Japan, Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan, and the Republic of Korea. They will drive our engagement with policymakers and other stakeholders in these markets. He/she will report to the Singapore-based VP, Head of APAC Government Affairs, and work very closely with the Country Managers in Japan and Hong Kong SAR in defining the Company's position on policy matters with Government authorities & regulators.
- Drive our engagement with policymakers and other key stakeholders in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the Republic of Korea to defend and promote the Company's interests.
- Build relationships that enable company to effectively engage the policy and strategy teams at the main policymaking bodies, including with METI and other relevant Ministries, and with elected officials and staff in the Diet.
- In Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan, and Korea, He/She will work and ensure that local company management is positioned and prepared to engage the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, Financial Supervisory Commission in Taiwan and the Financial Supervisory Service in ROK, in addition to each market's legislative body.
- Monitor developments in national and regional policy related to payments and other areas that may impact our business.
- Develop policy positions on key issues, make them relevant and compelling to stakeholders by conducting research, preparing communication materials, hosting events, etc.
- Provide senior counsel to business leaders on relevant policy issues.
- In Japan, ensure effective company representation and lead our engagement with the main trade bodies, including the Japan Consumer Credit Association.
- Support business leaders' participation in trade industry bodies, including the Korea Federation of Banks, the Hong Kong Association of Banks, and similar organizations in Taiwan, by improving our ability to monitor developments, influence/engage policymakers through these industry groups.
- Represent company with key US Government delegations and offices, including the US Embassy in Japan, the US Consulate General in Hong Kong SAR, and the American Institute in Taiwan.
- Ensure that company management is positioned to represent company in US focussed organizations in the region, including the US-Japan Business Council, the Hong Kong-US Business Council, US-Taiwan Business Council, US-Korea Business Council, and the relevant American Chambers of Commerce.
- Drive strategy across the market to build stronger relationships with other key third parties who influence the policymaking process, including consumer and merchant groups, and others related to payments and financial regulation.
- Manage external agencies that support company on Government Affairs in Japan, Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan, and the Republic of Korea.
- Experience at mid- to senior-level in a government agency, lobbying/PR agency, or in an APAC regional corporate government affairs position（経験8年以上）.
- Bilingual abilities in Japanese and English required（英語上級レベル以上）.
- Deep understanding of Japanese politics and public policy formulation.
- Ability to relate public policy issues to core business objectives.
- Track record of running effective advocacy campaigns to deliver changes in policy.
- Strong attention to detail, combined with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and confidently with the most senior levels of the Company and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities against tight deadlines.
- Team player capable of working with a diverse group of colleagues and internal business clients.
- High ethical standards and experience of working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience of financial regulation preferred, ideally related to payments.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Marketing, Other, Public Relations