Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Healthcare Company
The Demand Planner will be responsible for managing the regional S&OP process, developing demand scenarios (risks & opportunities), supporting regional marketing in developing product portfolio plans, as well as improving to drive S&OP maturity and overall metric improvement actions, in collaboration with Regional Plan lead.
The Demand Planner will work closely with the regional Commercial, Supply Chain Deliver and Finance partners, as well as the Global Demand Plan stakeholders.
- Add Market Intelligence (Customer & Marketing Events)
- Review statistical forecast generated and provide input on any changes required.
- Collect Information and collaborate with other functions such as Marketing, Sales, Finance etc. to identify events.
- Incorporate Customer and/or Market event demand that is not yet captured through the use of a representative sales history and statistical modeling
- Generate scenarios considering products, past event data, customer/market analysis, cannibalization, substitution, and other relevant parameters.
- Account for Product Lifecycle (NPI and End of Life)
- Collect information and collaborate with other Supply Chain functions as well as with Marketing, Sales and Finance.
- Utilize alternative methods such as market models, lifecycle profiles, and data substitution to generate scenarios testing sensitivity to an array of parameters to arrive and align on the most probable forecast.
- Generate and update system forecast for new products and end of life exceptions.
- Enable PLAN to deliver/improve service & inventory targets by delivering/improving forecast measures for the portfolio
- Provide demand input to the S&OP/IBP process to allow for transparency of risks and opportunities. Participates in Demand Review and other S&OP/IBP forums as applicable
- Collaborate with regional Supply Chain Deliver partners, the launch of new product introductions and discontinuation, parameter set up according to Demand Plan.
- University Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 4 or more years of experience in a supply chain / planning function. Supply chain experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry is an asset
- Proficiency in ERP and planning tools. Experience in OMP is an asset
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to apply project and personal leadership to successfully achieve project, teams and individual goals.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships, considering diverse perspective and styles.
- Ability to target their communications as appropriate for the audience and make presentations to a small to medium sized audience.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and evaluate processes to determine if refinements would enhance speed of results and productivity or quality &/or Ability to work with Continuous Improvement tools.
- Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- Ability to share knowledge and personal experience with peers. Coach others when appropriate.
- Understands forecasting techniques
- Has strong analytical skills. Self-directed and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong customer focus (internal & external)
- Advanced skills with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with ERP (SAP) & Advanced Planning Systems (JDA S&OP, JDA Demand, APO, OMP) is preferred
- Experience of working in an S&OP environment
- Business level communication skills in English and Japanese.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Flex, Remote work
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.