Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese required
Global Food Delivery Company
- Start-up environment
- Reason for job opening: business increase
- Reporting to the Japan Legal Head
- WFH for the time being but flexibility to go to office if required
We are seeking a highly motivated Governance, Risk and Compliance ('GRC') Manager to join our growing team in Japan. He/she is confident in his/her skills, has a great attitude, works hard and wants to join an overachieving team. He/she will assist the company with improving business processes and mitigating risk through internal controls and ensuring compliance with company policies and local regulations in all aspects and levels of business. He/she thrives in a very fast-paced environment, and is willing to go above and beyond.
- Design and implement the risk management and internal controls framework defined by the Group which includes identifying, analysing, evaluating, mitigating and monitoring of risks and internal controls
- Identify potential local areas of risk, compliance and control weaknesses to develop and implement corrective action plans, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in future
- Monitor changes in local business processes, information systems, management and operations, and coordinate with operations to ensure mitigation of risks
- Implement the policies, guidelines and procedures defined by the Group and tailor these standards to the local business & regulatory environment
- Manage, coach and support local control, risk and process owners
- Initiate and coordinate with internal and external assurance providers to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and remediate identified weaknesses at local level
- Promote integrity and strong risk culture and awareness within the local organization
- Ensure that employee behaviors and compliance efforts are consistent with global and local ethical and legal standards and in line with the Group's long term interests
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Law or related areas
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience in any of the following governance / risk management / internal controls /external audit / internal audit / process improvement
- Previous experience in the Big 4 would be an advantage
- Conceptual skills including qualitative and quantitative methods for risk management and experience with risk management and internal control frameworks (e.g. COSO, ISO, COBIT)
- Process-oriented and problem-solving attitude as well as strong organizational skills and hands-on mentality
- Knowledge of various functional areas, including Finance, Procurement, HR/Payroll, Operations, Logistics, IT, Legal, and Risk Management
- Strong and effective communication, presentation, project management and social skills
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, and work cooperatively with other internal departments, external service providers and a global team
- Good English language skills
Salary would be flexible and depend on experience
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.