Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and fluent in English and Japanese required.
[Position] Business and Planning & Control Manager
[Salary] 10~15 million JPY
Luxury Fashion Company
Analyze & provide feedback on our business performance with analytical information about projects, actual data and variances versus budgets and forecasts. Act as business partner towards business counterparts, understanding business reality, challenges, threats, opportunities and needs to support in the decision making process and ensure adequate budgeting and control over expenses
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process of the company, according to the established targets and deadlines; give strategic advice on the cost saving and margin improvement.
- Ensure analysis of detailed Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet not only after monthly closing but also during the month, reporting and explaining any discrepancy or difference Vs budget or/and forecasts.
- Be responsible of corporate and local reporting of the company and the coordination of the reporting for all areas, according to deadlines; develop appropriate ad-hoc reporting satisfying specific information needs
- Identify possible issue/enhancement areas related to legal, security, general administration, insurances and discuss them with the manager of reference.
- Support the periodic managerial/statutory closings of the company or coordinate the closings for all areas.
- Support Inventory Analysts in stock management, KPIs monitoring and for specific physical checks.
- Ensure the delivery of daily sales reports
- Develop business follow up and enhance performance analysis in some different angles including the following topics: Volumes, Prices, Margins, Advertising & Promotion expenses;
- Develop and lead the planning process (budgets, best estimates, revised forecasts, landing): Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory & Purchase as well as A&P expenses
- Assist in setting Internal Control processes within sphere of responsibility
- Strategic Mindset
- Business acumen & orientation
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Integrity and trust
- Building effective team
- University Degrees in Economic / Finance / Business major. Master/MBA graduate from a top school is preferable
- 6-10 years in foreign company as financial planning & Analysis/ General Accounting or in auditing in one of the Big 4 or big consulting firms
- Experience in a multinational organization is required.
- Overseas work experience is a plus.
- Experience in a complex environment (multiple legal entities / multiple brands) preferred.
Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize multi-tasking and control deadlines.
- Analytical and planning skills
- Team builder and people management skills
- Presentation skills in both Japanese and English
- Reliable and responsible
- International exposure, flexible and independent
- Fluent in English and Japanese
Social insurance, WFH (up to 3days a week)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance, Analyst, Management