[Position] Business Manager
[Salary] 7~10 million JPY
Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Credit rating agency
Consultative Sales and Negotiations
- Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the new business sales process
- Promotes and sells portfolio of products (existing and new) to new customers. Develops and consultatively sell appropriate product/service solutions, cultivates referrals, generate new opportunities, actively follow up on leads and drive a healthy pipeline that is characterized by strong velocity and volume
- Growth achieved with full attention to rapidly acquire new customers to boost both subscription dollars (deal size) and number of new logos to add to our customer base Increased Customer Engagement
- Identify and initiate new client relationships and properly handover new clients (after onboarding) to inheriting Account Manager/ Business Development Manager to nurture for maximum Customer Lifetime Value for the company. Optimize revenue prioritizing opportunities and engaging customers proactively and frequently
- Works on customer proposals and presentations
- Mitigate future cancellations/downgrades post-sale by ensuring new customers continue to derive value from our products and services during their onboarding process
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
Strategy and Planning
- Contribute to overall APAC region's sales and strategy component by executing assigned responsibility or activities to realize overall sales and strategic objectives for the Japan region
- Leverage the knowledge built on customers and inputs from other functions within the company and across Global divisions to ensure alignment with customer needs and the company
- Develop and maintain territory and account plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis; drive marketing campaigns to successfully deliver against new logo acquisition objectives
- Monthly activity reporting with feedback on customer and market developments that impact our business
- Accurate & timely monthly forecasting plus any Ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Regular and transparent Account plan updates
- Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customer analysis, buying cycle status are accurately and promptly captured in Salesforce
Establish product development needs
- Actively engages marketing activities such as customer round tables, forums, events, BETA tests, Proof of Concepts (POC) and campaigns
- Activity drives back customer feedback for new product incubation and/or existing product enhancement
You are a consistently over performing New Business Development expert with a consultative and enthusiastic approach cum entrepreneurial mindset, high self-motivation and resiliency to rapidly successfully pursue/acquire new clients and opportunities. You possess exceptional communication skills with a natural ability to articulate ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner. You have in-depth knowledge of the commodities market industry and well-aware of what's happening. You have strong personal integrity, negotiation skills and view every rejection as a challenge to convert to a "Yes".
- Degree with minimum 3-5 years of successful new business development experience, preferably in the commodity and financial services industry.
- Intrinsically motivated by growing business beyond where people think it can go. Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, perseverance, energy and sense of urgency
- Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience. Strong personal integrity and a confident and positive manner
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills in English and Japanese, with an Asian language as a bonus. Must utilize strong phone (especially cold calling), interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment to engage effectively with customers and other functions.
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations. Work effectively in a team as well as independently, take initiative to resolve tasks with a can-do attitude and have a financial analytical mindset
- Proven success in doing business in Japan is a must and specifically in APAC is a bonus. Strong multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
- Highly proficient in systems (Zuora, Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and preferably Prime Resource Group (PRG) Diagnostic Sales Methodology
- Ability to travel around the region frequently
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Sales, Business Development