※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
Our platform includes both an operating company and a series of SPCs that hold its real-estate portfolio. The Assistant Controller will oversee all accounting, reporting and budgeting specifically related to the operating company. More specifically, key responsibilities will include:
- A/P, A/R, accounting, monthly close and related internal controls;
- monthly property-level financial and operational management reporting;
- preparation of annual budget and monitoring of actual results against budget;
- participation in the Company's annual audit process and support of income and consumption tax returns; and development of staff members.
The Assistant Controller is expected to actively manage the development and use of technology, specifically reporting tools, to deliver relatively deep and sophisticated management reporting.
In connection with the Assistant Controller's budgeting and reporting responsibilities, the role is expected to closely partner with the Finance Director and Controller as well as to Senior Management and others throughout the organization.
The role requires a background that includes preparation of financial statements, participation in the annual audit and tax return preparation processes, advance knowledge in excel, strong analytical skills, and fluency in both Japanese and English.
- Minimum 10 years' experience, 5 years each in public and private firms ideal.
- Advanced analytical skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to organize data into actionable information.
- Experience with real estate related platforms (or at least multi-location retail).
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including a high degree of self-motivation, imagination, intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness, enthusiasm and determination.
- Creativity - ability to develop ideas, quantify opportunities and mobilize teams to execute on plans.
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with Access or other data base skills will be a plus.
- Bilingual and both Japanese and English (at least conversational English
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.