※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Associate Medical Lead（アソシエイトディレクター）
[Salary] 15〜17 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
This position will provide strategic leadership to company's metabolic portfolio and to our expanding metabolic pipeline portfolio with TA medical lead. Responsible for providing strong scientific and medical expertise with an in-depth understanding of metabolic, and/or rare genetic diseases. Associate Director, Associate Medical Lead, Metabolic will contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic plans for responsible compound(s) and indications in a strongly matrixed environment with effective cross-functional collaboration. Associate Director, Medical Lead, Metabolic will work with the rest of our Global and Local Medical Affairs to maximize patients' outcomes by setting and continuously advancing the evidence-based medical standard of care.
Develop and implement local medical strategies and plans as well as the strategically aligned tactical plan (also responsible for the execution) for the respective assets/indications. Will work cross-functionally as well as closely with global HQs and the regions to transform medical practice. Responsible for the following:
- Medical representation at the relevant Japan Project Teams (JPTs) and Brand teams
- Serve as the Medical Affairs expert for the cross functional group
- Serves as the medical expert in support of the therapeutic area
- Support the other representing functions on the key activities as applicable
- Lead on the situational assessment and the local product strategy development including harmonization of activities involving KOLs:
- Develop in-year local medical strategy, create and implement local MA tactical plan and manage whole budget for local MA initiatives as applicable in collaboration with TA medical lead, Global Medical Affairs and a local field Medical Affairs team
- Develop local evidence generation plan as a part of local medical plan and provide suitable evidences timely manner to the public in collaboration with JPT, local PMS team, global HEOR team, and global MA.
- Planning, designing and managing local medical Advisory Boards
- Planning, designing and managing local medical education initiatives such as sponsored seminars, stand-alone meeting etc.
- Lead content development and presentation for external medical education programs, and other Medical initiatives with a field medical team
- Develop, and/or participate in therapeutic training programs for our personnel.
- Medical affairs review of answers to local Unsolicited Medical Requests
- Development and execution of local Metabolic KOL medical engagement strategy
- Establish and/or enhance partnerships with key academic institutions and develop relationships with global and local key thought leaders
- Establish strategic partnerships with centers of excellence and KOLs in areas of scientific interest and serve as conduit for flow of information both out to the medical community and into the company
- Minimum 3-years experiences of Medical Affairs or Clinical Development in the pharmaceutical or the biotech industry
- Excellent and effective communication skills (written and verbal) in both Japanese and English, and adaptability to multicultural environment
- Experience/ability to work in a matrix cross-functional environment, both internally and remotely
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and negotiating skills
- Ability to build partnership internationally
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record and ability to drive results as an effective a team member and a project leader
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information
- Project management skill to identify priorities and managing deliverables
- Proven ability to manage budget and resources
- Demonstrated ability to influence important customers, challenge common perceptions and implement medical affairs tools to improve patient care and outcomes
- Having an insight into the nature of things
- Strong business acumen
- Must demonstrate an energy and enthusiasm which brings a positive approach to all challenges
- Sense of ethics and responsibility
- Travel required up to 25%
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Scientific and technical acumen in metabolic diseases, bone related diseases, genetic diseases and oncology
- Understanding of Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Understanding of the global and local markets
- PhD preferred or Pharm D level degree or equivalent
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Health Care Provider