※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Senior Brand Manager (SBM) will lead a category/segments/or brand stream and will be empowered to drive the brand purpose, equity, innovation/activation as relevant to ultimately deliver the impact to consumers and grow share and revenue for the business.
As part of the role, SBM will be responsible for identifying market trends and growth opportunities, exploring and distilling consumer insights translating to actions driving consumer response e.g. communication (TVCM/media), innovation, activation (ATL or BTL), predicting likely competitive dynamics, and analyzing the economics of the business so that the company can make effective choices to maximize competitive advantage.
For the purpose, the position drives and implements these marketing activities by executing high cross functional interaction with our internal/external stakeholders.
Having strong project management skills, capability for mass communication (+360) development, strategic thinking, logical thinking, well balanced business mind-set, and passion for brand marketing are essential
- Related work experience in a marketing function with a consumer goods company (6-8 years)
- A solid experience in the cosmetics/skin care category is preferable
- Innovation experience, not only with product & brand marketing
- Brand Activation experience, Deeper understanding of commercial (P&Ls), Channel and trade environment
- Experience in diagnosing business problems and building and executing multi-faceted, long-term, strategic
- English proficiency (business English is 'must')
- Deeply understand '4P & 5C' and can apply those concepts into a game plan
- Proven ability to operate in a matrix environment and work effectively with sales management, customers and across geographic and organizational boundaries
- Analytical skills (including understanding of business economics and financial measures)
- Proven ability to set tactical and operational direction for the product line ・Proven ability to determine product positioning and key promotional elements for product line
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (both oral and written in English/Japanese)
- Ability to plan and manage projects within budget and on schedule (Sales/A&P/P&L) ・Outstanding interpersonal skills including developing relationships with internal and external customers and directly influencing business objectives ・Thorough understanding of overall market analysis, planning, development and management
- Strong technical, as well as conceptual aptitude ・Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technically sensitive and receptive
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks while adhering to specified deadlines
- High degree of initiative with proactive attitude and self motivation with a strong sense of accountability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships ・Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems with minimal direction and make decisions with confidence
- Having a mind-set 'love to challenge a new thing and never give up'
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.