・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑English language required
☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Global Finance Company
- To provide effective tax advice and planning ideas, promptly.
- Evaluate tax reduction opportunities or tax exposures and recommend changes/solutions.
- Support tax compliance team to recommend the most advantageous tax positions to be taken on tax returns.
- Ensure that the most advantageous positions are taken on audits by local tax authorities; negotiate with relevant authorities for optimal outcome.
- Analyze pending local tax legislation to ensure relevant cost/benefits are correctly assessed; develop and implement lobbying strategies.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with tax laws by providing advice on requirements, and support final review of returns for technical accuracy.
- Structure and exercise effective governance and control of the markets' tax processes to ensure full and effective compliance with tax laws, Sarbanes-Oxley and similar requirements.
- Support to evaluate and initiative tax processes and systems improvement to optimize digital and process efficiency.
- Proactively participate in business initiatives and other projects to drive for tax efficiency.
- Reach out to educate local management on the importance of legal entity relationships and planning to tax matters and favorable business results.
- Maintain a supportive and proactive relationship and partnership with business and support teams.
- College / university degree, graduate degree or certifications desirable, with 10+ years of experience in Japanese taxation.
- A Japan CPA, and preferably a Zeirishi (registered tax agent), with degree in tax or accountancy, or law preferred.
- Primarily have sound working knowledge of the Japan tax system and requirements.
- Knowledgeable about local and GAAP accounting rules.
- Knowledge of tax laws of other Asian countries is an advantage. Have basic knowledge of US tax system (eg FTC, GILTI etc)
- Must be highly analytical and able to creatively apply tax rules to business situations to achieve positive results, while assuring full compliance with applicable laws.
- Must have good partnership & negotiation skills.
- Must be a self-starter with solid leadership skills, and high integrity and ethics. Can work independently with high effectiveness and diligence and speed of actions.
- Must have strong Japanese as well as very good English oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of individuals (including government tax officials) and different cultures.
15 ~20 million JPY+ Bonus
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave, and more.
Hybrid WFH, Flex time
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Senior level
Job Function: Tax, Accounting / Auditing