Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
☑Foreign business ☑Remote
Supply Chain Engineer
- Visit supplier's facilities and assess on site each vendor's technical capability and capacity in detail, for both New Product Introduction (NPI) as well as long-term production, working alongside Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
- Lead Design for Manufacturing (DfM) activities with suppliers.
- Drive manufacturing progress at global supply chain, focusing primarily on structural, propulsion, and avionics components going into our spacecraft.
- Align vendor activities to our supply chain strategy for structural, propulsion, and avionics commodities.
- Manage costs to ensure budget adherence of all vendor work
- Perform continuous supplier analysis and risk assessments
- Provide input to negotiations with suppliers' on technical requirements, project scope, and general T&Cs associated with supply contracts.
- Collaborate with the wider team to achieve QCD targets on components under production
- Work with sub-system and Quality engineers to develop reqs for both production and NPI components
- Negotiate and carry out cost reduction work with suppliers
- Prepare RFx documentation and issue POs.
- Ensure full compliance to internal policies and external regulations applicable to our products.
- Engineering or Science degree
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese and English.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience manufacturing components for Aerospace products (Spacecraft and/or Aircraft)
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) experience.
- Experience with Aerospace structures and propulsion components.
- Leadership of people.
- Wide experience with 8D methodology for problem solving, as well as performing PFMEAs and Control Plans in manufacturing.
- Experience selecting and driving a suitable supply chain (raw material, all manufacturing ops, validation / inspection, and overall logistics)
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes (EIDPs or/and First Article Inspection reports) and QMS systems in Aerospace (JISQ/AS9100)
- Hands-on knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methods (Minitab, DoE, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience inspecting Aerospace components.
7.5~9.5 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday , Annual Leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function:Supply Chain