☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Sr. Manager / Assoc Director, Medical Affairs
This position reports to the Therapeutic Area Director (either Liver/COVID-19, Inflammation, HIV) in Japan.
In close communication and collaboration with Japan Medical Affairs colleagues, global medical team, this individual is responsible to lead the projects associated with local evidence generation throughout product life cycle, with the support of therapeutic area head and Science Capability Lead.
Primary responsibilities are as follow:
- Responsible for planning and execution of local data generation, such as company-sponsored registry, database research in the responsible therapeutic area
- Supporting overall medical activities other than evidence generation, such as medical education and publication, in alignment with POA and other strategic priorities.
- Collaborate with clinical development, regulatory affairs, public affairs, commercial and other functions to ensure our products are appropriately used with good understanding of product profiles and supporting scientific data
- Regular communication with KOLs including investigators for clinical trials, as appropriate to provide medical guidance for the clinical trials and more extensive background, additional data or answers to questions in response to issues that arise relative to commercial, scientific or data needs.
- Work closely with our MSLs in responding to medical / scientific queries regarding our products.
- In collaboration with L&D department, support to maintain and further develop newest scientific knowledge and relevant communication skills.
- Attend major conferences and helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences and may present to external audience.
- Manage his/her projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in Japan adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical and scientific information
- Support to maintain and further develop newest scientific knowledge and relevant communication skills.
The assignment for therapeutic areas depends on the urgencies and needs for data generation capabilities for therapeutic area, but we respect the preference of candidate to consider the final assignment.
- M.D. / Ph.D. or Ph.D. degree with deep experience of clinical science
- Contribution to journal publication with 1st authorship
- The individual must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment. Strong presentation skills.
- Hands-on involvement is a must (effective use of external resources).
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Experience for clinical sciences and knowledge of epidemiology
- 3+ Experience of Local Medical data generation in pharma and/or biotechnology company
- Experience in target therapeutic area (Hepatitis, Autoimmune disorders, HIV & Viral disorders)
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
13〜15 million JPY
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Health Care Provider