・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑外資系企業 ☑英語力が必要 ☑上場企業
Sr. EHS Specialist
Reporting to the Sr. EHS Manager, the Senior EHS Specialist for Automotive Sales, Delivery & Service (SSD) Operations is responsible for influencing operations excellence, managing regulatory compliance, and driving overall risk reduction.
- Develops and nurtures a partnership with and is a key advisor to leadership, EHS representatives, and front-line staff within Automotive SSD operations.
- Directly or indirectly provides information and tools to allow Automotive SSD operations personnel to drive EHS excellence every day.
- Ensures key risks and compliance requirements pertaining to environmental compliance, occupational health and industrial safety are identified, escalated, and controlled in all phases of automotive product sales, delivery and service operations. Keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Interfaces with various regulatory agencies as necessary. Hosts, documents, and tracks regulatory audits and inspections.
- Implements and manages the contractor management program and related systems and processes.
- Identifies, implements and manages vendor-led services for environmental compliance, waste management, personal protective equipment, training etc.
- Manages chemical safety in the workplace. Manages waste streams with industry-specific knowledge of hazardous waste disposal and transportation regulations and requirements.
- Facilitates the creation and implementation of emergency action plans and coordinates the emergency exercise.
- Manages training assessments and requirement matrices for country workforce. Provides training to employees on general industrial safety, hazard recognition and control, injury prevention and other relevant topics.
- Analyzes data and reports trends, recommends, and supports risk-reduction plans and corrective and preventive actions.
- Facilitates safety committee meetings and other employee engagement initiatives.
- Supports operations at operated premises as well as remote locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health, Industrial Hygiene, or other Safety-related discipline, Engineering, Chemistry, Natural Sciences or similar. Master's degree preferred.
- Total 7+ years experience including 3+ years of experience in high tech industry or similar environment. Prior experience working with electric vehicles, charging products or infrastructure, vehicle delivery or service operations preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Fluency in Japanese and English languages is a must.
- Superior knowledge of Japanese ISHA, MHLW, JIS and Environmental regulations and standards.
- Certifications such as NEBOSH preferred.
- Practical, hands-on experience with the following:
- Electrical / high voltage safety
- Supporting operations across multiple sites
- Workplace inspections
- Process safety reviews
- Risk assessments
- Root cause analysis methodologies
- Experience with employee training and education activities.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively with management, EHS leaders, regulators, project management staff and 3rd party clients and suppliers.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and self-directed.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with standard business software, including word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and email communication.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%.
Seniority Level: Mid Senior Level
Job Function: Supply Chain