- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to business level ~ fluent Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1~N2)
☑Foreign business ☑Listed company ☑English language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Site Reliability Engineer
Global Financial Company
- Provide technical support and operational oversight to sustain resiliency and high availability of critical business operations.
- Monitor our production, disaster recovery, and certification systems for issues.
- Troubleshoot and drive resolution of issues.
- Analyze and optimize performance of real-time trading platforms.
- Investigate software defects.
- Assist the build team to resolve build/deployment issues.
- Create and improve upon existing reports related to Operations management.
- Analyze technical data sets (e.g. order entry, market data, matching engine logs) to troubleshoot or explain perceived issues.
- Execute SQL queries against a database to perform data analysis for customers and associates.
- Service and support historical data product requests.
- Provide for configuration management of new and existing trading platforms and support implementation of new features and functionality based on new business requirements.
- Monitor development activities, change management tickets, and evaluate their impact on the Operations.
- Execute daily change tickets assigned to Site Reliability Engineering in support of updates to production, disaster recovery, and certification systems.
- Support task automation efforts through development, testing and maintenance of Python tools.
- Manage the operational batch processing.
- Drive capacity planning decisions for the Exchanges and support capacity planning needs of various business units.
- Participate in quarterly Capacity Planning meetings with engineering and technical operations management staff.
- Participate in weekend testing (e.g. capacity testing, fail-over, etc.) and provide for 24x7x365 on-call technical support for the Operations team as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED, Trade, Technical or Vocational School is required.
- Equivalent of Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5+ years' experience as a system administrator, software developer, or a technical operations support role
- High level of proficiency in Python, SQL and Linux shell scripting Site Reliability Engineer - Japan
- Linux Systems Administration experience
- English a must
Preferred skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred. (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Business, Financial Services, Communications, or a related discipline.)
- Ability to read and evaluate C++ and JAVA (desired)
- Experience with Financial Markets Protocols (FIX, OUCH) - (desired)
- Network Administration experience (desired)
- Bilingual in Japanese is a plus
Tokyo *Remote work available
10 million JPY - 11 million JPY (Experiences and skills will be considered)
National holidays, New year's holiday, Annual Leave etc.
Application screening and several interviews are scheduled.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Engineering, Information Technology, Finance