※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Senior Legal Counsel
[Salary] 13〜20 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
Providing legal and regulatory advice associated with online payments, interbank money transfers and settlements, credit & debit card fund settlements, foreign exchange, money remittance, e-money/stored value, digital wallets, payment gateways, holding and reuse of balances, merchant acquiring, bank withdrawals and ACH & payments processing.
This position is responsible for:
- Providing legal and regulatory advice associated with online payments, interbank money transfers and settlements, credit & debit card fund settlements, foreign exchange, money remittance, e-money/stored value, digital wallets, payment gateways, holding and reuse of balances, merchant acquiring, bank withdrawals and ACH & payments processing;
- Providing legal and compliance advice associated with payments licensing, payments regulations, anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing, outsourcing, data protection, privacy, consumer protection, and information security;
- Dealing and negotiating with financial services regulators in 3PL markets, with a focus on APAC;
- Engaging in regulatory advocacy, drafting and advising on correspondence, submissions and communications with regulators;
- Advising on legal and regulatory issues associated with sales, marketing, communications, market entry, product and services development;
- Advising on regulatory matters relating to commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, employment law;
- Monitoring ongoing legislation and regulatory changes. Advising on market entry into local markets which include setting up local sales and marketing legal entities and managing license applications;
- Advising on regulatory issues with respect to Financial Intelligence Units or law enforcement agencies for suspicious transaction reporting;
- Working closely with the Commercial Legal, Compliance and Government Relations Teams;
- Advising on onsite inspections, investigations and queries by financial services regulators, law enforcement agencies and government agencies.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 8 years post qualification experience and be from an established in-house legal team or established private practice law firm with international legal and regulatory experience.
- Preference for candidates with solid experience and expertise in regional laws and regulations relating to payments both offline and online, fund settlement, credit card acquiring, credit card services and settlements, e-money, money remittances, fund settlements, foreign exchange and e-commerce, AML and CFT regulations.
- We would consider candidates with solid and broad legal and regulatory experience and expertise in financial services including consumer and retail banking, securities brokerage, Wealth Management, consumer credit and finance.
- Broad and solid experience in dealing with regulators in the region with substantial experience and expertise in regulatory advocacy (both written and oral)
- Board experience in advising senior regional and local business management teams
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal