・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Senior Director, Merchant Sales and Solutions
Global Payments Company
The Japan Merchant Sales and Solutions (MSS) team is in charge of client relationships with Seller-side payment ecosystem partners such as merchants, eCommerce platforms, wallet providers and traditional merchant-payment enablers. The team negotiates and implements major commercial deals to enable partners to use a variety of our products and services, and to drive ours and our Partners' strategic objectives. The MSS team also collaborate closely with our Client Relationship Management team on being an excellent partner to card issuers.
What a Senior Director, Merchants Sales and Solutions does:
The primary objective for this role is to lead the team within Japan MSS that is responsible for driving the success with some of our largest Seller side clients in Japan, and to deliver the highest value to both our Partners and us. This will center on the team understanding client objectives, business challenges and opportunities, and collaborating with internal team members to bring the best of our capabilities to help grow their businesses.
- Understanding client's business and champion how we support their success: Distill the right vision and strategy for the client relationship in collaboration with cross-functional team members. Key to this is working with client executives to ensure their priorities and operational capabilities are clearly understood and our work plans are clearly aligned with them.
- Excellent execution of key strategic priorities.
- Delivering outstanding client experience: Act as the orchestrator of how our client consistently experiences the best of our global expertise by ensuring that the way that the entire team interacts with clients is professionally coordinated and clearly aligned to the goals agreed with the client. This requires focused and committed leveraging of the Microsoft Dynamics, of self and all others who work on client relationships.
- Achieving efficient balance of client and our interests: Continuously leading the team to refine the development and delivery of our solutions for client through well-adapted application of our client partnership model in a way that best balances the support for Partners to deliver on their goals and to also to deliver on our performance objectives. This will also include consistently analyzing our business, market trends, regulations, and competition to support best decision making.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships across all levels of clients
- Driving delivery of a quality sales pipeline for core products and value-added services.
- Establishing and nurturing an extraordinary team by ensuring the team has the right mix of capabilities and are motivated while managing individuals' performance skillfully and respectfully.
- Seeking new business- in addition to sustaining existing business, seeking out and securing new material sources of business.
- Taking clear ownership and accountability of the risks of the business and ensuring the team are well equipped to effectively handle risk through consistent application of all relevant Key Controls.
Why this is important to us:
As a business of which the success is primarily achieved by how well our solutions deliver results for our clients and how strong our relationships are with those clients, this position that covers our most important client group plays a substantial role.
Qualifications Key Competencies:
- Flexibility to travel around the region and internationally as the need arises
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to build a strong team, provides direction and motivation and holds self and team accountable for results and the required efforts.
- Highly focused and organized approach to managing self and the team to execute consistently and systematically on both immediate and long-term priorities.
- Collaborative and results-driven leadership style that is both inclusive and capable of decisive action.
- A strategic problem solver who can create a clear vision and then break the objective into clear deliverables phases.
- Strong commercial skills: applies commercial analysis to evaluate business opportunities and ensures that budget, profitability and earnings targets are based on valid assumptions and appropriate business models. Additionally, able to build this approach as a key attribute of the team.
- Skills in risk management, identifies and analyses the risks when making decisions.
- Experience and understanding of global practices and management.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and networking skills.
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and adapt in a constantly evolving, sometimes ambiguous market context.
- Ability to build strong connections with all levels of our client
- About 15 years of experience preferably in banking/financial services, technology services, FinTech or management consulting. Strong knowledge of payments, eCommerce and mobile technology is a plus.
- Proven ability to craft, negotiate and lead execution of business agreements and to improve existing and develop new business partnerships at senior executive levels.
- Consistent record of planning, managing, and closing complex and competitive sales efforts, using a clear and structured approach to execution.
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies, and operational decisions for clients of all size and act as a trusted advisor by developing long-term, trust-based relationships with senior-level executives at large, complex organizations.
- Experience in leading, motivating, and growing a team.
- Trustworthy and possesses the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity. Drives for achieving superior end to end results in a sustainable way.
- Strongly client focused.
- Genuinely cares for and is inclusive of people, supports people's wellbeing.
- A connector of people, communities and clients in Japan and across the company.
- Has stature, gravitas, reputation and professional attitude, internally and externally.
- Courageous, accountable, and willing to challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
- Curious and willing to continuously learn.
- Has high levels of professional humility and actively seeks constructive feedback.
- Organized and disciplined in a way that enables consistent delivery of results while also being able to respond well to unexpected demands
English Language level: Business+ level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level
*Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
20-30 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Business Development, Other