- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Flex time ☑Remote work system
Boston - Snr Accounting Manager
Global Medical Device Company
The position leads and manages the entire Japan Accounting Team that consists of 5 to 6 HC. He/she also manages outputs generated by Shared Service that consists of 11HC.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with US-GAAP and J-GAAP
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met
- Manage SOX-related deliverables and coordinate with multiple departments to ensure SOX compliance
- Recruit, retain and develop accounting staff. Build a high-performance team.
- "Hands-on" management of full-scope accounting functions, including:
- Maintenance of general ledger, A/P, A/R, and the treasury functions. Some of these activities are performed by the Shared Service under the supervision of the local team
- Ensure appropriate revenue recognition of all significant sales arrangements
- Manage inventory accounting and ensure appropriate accounting for impairment
- Manage acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of.
- Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy. Handle bank administration and fund transfers.
- Manage payroll accounting, including pension valuation and other accruals
- Manage tax, in partnership with Corporate HQ tax specialists and local professional services firm, including Advance Pricing Agreements for transfer pricing, local tax returns, and tax audits.
- Oversee monthly closing process and ensure a timely and accurate close. Review monthly results, perform monthly variance analysis and reporting.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for control and efficiency of cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control
- Liaise with Region and Corporate finance teams (accounting, treasury, tax) as appropriate
- Manage Global Business Service interface
- Lead accounting process improvements
- 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience in multinational business
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with business units and support functions
- Full understanding of US GAAP, J-GAAP, J-Tax rules, internal controls, and monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting
- Strong analytical skill and critical thinking
- Proficiency in English and Japanese
- Proficiency in SAP
- Experience in Hyperion
12~16 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, Summer / New year's holiday , Annual Leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing