[Position] SCM Sr Finance Manager
[Salary] 8~12 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Sports Goods Manufacturer
This role partners heavily with cross-functional Supply Chain leadership (Production, Logistics/ Order Management, Warranty Support and Supply & Demand Plan) and relevant finance team (HQ Operation Finance and Working Capital Management and other finance functions in Japan) to optimize production and logistics costs and working capital and develop regional supply chain strategies to accelerate cost optimization and holistic margin and cashflow management. The role offers leadership opportunities in several areas such as inventory turn management, cost strategy, best practice sharing, and other financial projects.
Job Duties of Senior Manager, Supply Chain & Working Capital Management Finance:
1. Own supply chain related cost control:
- Lead annual business planning process & costing sign-off
- Monitor, analyze and forecast SCM related costs:
- Production/ assembly costs - standard costing and variance analysis in terms of direct material, labor, inbound freight, duty and FX including monthly validation on standard cost absorption and unabsorption;
- Warranty costs;
- Logistics costs; and
- Other SCM overhead costs
- Assess and improve SCM internal control processes.
2. Be accountable and responsible for all the accounting books of inventories, which shall be adequately justifiable to Japan Accounting team's review and posting. Also responsible for inventory value forecast and open-to-buy management thru working with Demand and Supply Planning.
- Inventory revaluation
- Aged inventory analysis & obsolescence reserve calculation
- Observation of inventory physical count process
- Coordination with IT department to secure right data flow among inventory costing/ booking related Oracle EBS modules.
- Rest of the year inventory balance and DIO forecast. Own open to buy process.
- Collaboration with Demand and Supply Planning Senior Manager, WS Revenue to Margin Manager and DTC Finance Manager to build aged inventory liquidation plan.
3. Be in charge of working capital analysis:
- Track working capital KPI so as to analyze current state and build action plan to meet the annual operational plan target. Represent Japan SCM Fin at Monthly Working Capital Review.
- Collaborate with finance managers to optimize Trade AR, Trade and Non-Trade AP.
4. Support Supply Chain strategy development and implementation by providing financial insights
- Lead the Supply Chain long range planning & strategy together with Japan SCM Director
- Finance business partner with supply chain leadership team.
5. Participate in SCM related cross functional projects as a finance project member.
6. Manage, coach and develop one manager analyst.
7. Other finance tasks related to supply chain management as needed.
- Nissho Boki Grade 2 or equivalent qualifications
- 5 years or more practical experiences of general accounting, working capital management and/or FP&A in Western multinational listed companies.
- 3 years or more people management experiences
- Understanding on and application to accounting tasks of US GAAP or IFRS.
- Intermediate or advanced level of Excel spreadsheet handling skills.
- Business level English proficiency both written and verbal
- Interpersonal skills, solid written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Multi tasking skills. Good time-management skills
- Honesty, integrity, reliability. Sense of ownership and pride in his/her performance and its impact on company's success. Lead with passion, courage and agility in an ever-changing environment.
- Outstanding mathematical skills, high attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field
- 2 years+ of experience with ERP such as SAP and Oracle
- 2 years or more experiences in manufacturing cost accounting and/or supply chain cost accounting
- Work experiences in finance/ accounting field in FMCG, Brand, Sporting Goods business.
- US CPA
- COSO / ICFR / SOX experiences
9:30-18:00 Flex time
Remote work (2 days/week)
Share Office system
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, Summer/New year's holiday, Annual Leave and more
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance, Analyst