・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Sales and Customer Management Manager
for cultural relations and educational opportunities
- To oversee the daily operations of the Sales and Customer Management (SCM) team in Tokyo.
- To develop and execute sales plans, strategies and processes in line with the country and region's plan.
- To ensure the SCM team meets and exceed the sales and service targets and KPIs.
- To motivate the SCM team and to foster good team spirit, delivering a high quality, efficient and integrated customer service experience.
- To contribute to business strategy as a key member of the Teaching Centre Management Team.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
- To work closely with the Director of English Language Services (DELS) to develop and execute sales strategies, plans and processes in line with the country and region's plan for the professional handling of English course enquiries and registrations with the purpose of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- To build, lead and motivate the SCM team to achieve and exceed sales targets and KPIs.
- To monitor and review individual sales performance, ensuring that they meet and exceed their sales targets through regular meetings and reviews.
- To ensure marketing and sales data are properly tracked and recorded according to the country and region's requirements.
- To prepare sales performance reports in the required format for management to review.
2. Customer Management
- To ensure the SCM team delivers proper customer care and that the overall quality of our customer experience is of a high quality.
- To meet and exceed all customer services targets and KPIs for new and existing customers.
- To build, lead and motivate the SCM team to work efficiently and effectively.
- To provide support to the team in handling complaints and to resolve escalated complaints balancing customers' needs and business benefits.
- To prepare statistic reports on the performance of the SCM team accurately and timely for management to review
Sales management and management of customer processes
- To work with the DELS to develop and execute new sales strategies, plans and processes in line with the country and region's plan for the professional handling of English course enquiries and registrations.
- To help plan and execute events together with the Marketing and Academic teams and to participate in other marketing and campaigns.
- To maintain a clear understanding of customer needs / preferences, threats and opportunities in the external environments and keep management and the marketing team informed.
- To build, lead and motivate the sales team to achieve and exceed customer experience and reregistration targets and KPIs through excellent customer management.
- To monitor and review individual and team new sales performance through regular meetings and reviews.
- To prepare new sales performance reports in the required format for regular dashboard management review.
- To facilitate and manage customer experience surveys, including Customer Effort Assessment and Mystery Shopping, and to act on results to improve processes, customer experience and reregistration.
- To provide support to the team in handling complaints and to resolve escalated complaints.
- To monitor the customer journey for new and existing customers and to provide feedback to the academic team on product reception and classroom experience to improve sales conversions and re-registrations.
- To identify training needs and to provide regular trainings sessions to the SCM team.
- To ensure that staff are fully equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge.
- To ensure all SCM team staff complete mandatory training in EDI, child protection, and other areas as required.
- To directly line manage up to 7 SCM team members as per our guidelines, following Essential Personnel Procedures and Performance Management Standards. Deliverables, performance reviews and year end evaluation are completed on time. Line Managees are supported and feedback provided to them on a regular basis.
- To ensure individuals meet all KPIs and follow administrative procedures and policies in place.
- To ensure that the SCM team is adequately staffed at all times through regular reviews and forecast of manpower movements.
- To carry out recruitment of team as appropriate.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Japanese
- Degree (any discipline)
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing Sales and Customer Management staff, preferably in the service industry.
- Experience of leading and managing a team.
- Experience of driving business improvement and / or levels of customer service or change projects.
Role Specific Skills (if any):
- Ability to drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales
- Ability to report on sales activity and analyze data
- Ability to identify sales support requirements and work with various business units to develop/ improve sales strategy
5-7 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Sales