・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
What is the job?
To conduct vigilant and appropriate yield management and actively contribute towards revenue
generation through effective management of the reservations department. This position is a vital
position to the sales and marketing function by providing current, accurate information on both the
internal reservation situation and the external climate with which the hotel operates.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Monitor the daily operations of reservations
- Control rooms inventory including allocation and reservations to areas of maximum yield and blackout dates
- Develop and conduct rooms-based marketing activities
- Track sales programs/promotions/advertising and provide feedback as necessary to relevant departments
- Track and establish pick up trends, occupancy history and market segment development to facilitate forecasting
- Monitor front office tracking of guest history data
- Create and maintain allotments
- Ensure accuracy of guest history and client profiles in Data Base
- Track market codes
- Load and maintain rates in reservation system
- Maintain rate in Website
- Collate, maintain and distribute relevant information and data obtained from both existing sources (consultants, economic forecasters) and external sources
- Manage Hotel Bank and GDS close out/opening-up dates, if applicable
- Complete end of month booking report
- Prepare weekly booking strategy reports
- Ensure all Groups are contracted
- Chairs and conducts Sales Strategy meetings weekly or as directed by Regional Sales & Marketing Manager
- Participate in preparation of strategic plans for region
- Consider and comment on economic, political, social activity and trends which are likely to influence business outcomes
- Access and assess sales and marketing data
- Works with superior on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with superior on the preparation and management of the Department's budget
Required Skills -
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- 3 years related experience or two years reservations/front office experience including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Customer Service, Other