Regional Sourcing Leader
Global healthcare Company
The Regional Sourcing Leader role is pivotal in driving savings and efficiencies through Management of supplier base. The role supports owned geographical region-based Sourcing leaders and collaborates with Global Sourcing Leaders, SBU (Strategic Business Unit) Leaders and their teams. The candidate uses prior experience/expertise to execute functional strategy; leverages in-depth understanding of business strategy to accomplish work. Has technical and analytical abilities to solve problems
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops and maintains business productivity metrics for Indirect Sourcing within their agreed scope and identifies new areas of opportunity to drive cost out.
- Implement Indirect Sourcing strategy for the Sourcing Leaders' region in line with global initiatives.
- Owns achieving Indirect savings and cash improvement targets, leading, and running project execution within their region and supporting project execution.
- Responsible for risk management in supplier base ensuring all compliance and quality standards are met.
- Liaise with Global Sourcing leaders, Category Sourcing Leaders to understand /share best practices and leverage expertise within other SBU's.
- Identify and own local and cross SBU supply base. Leverage category contracts into assigned SBU to maximize opportunities.
- Drive business metrics affected by Indirect Sourcing, identify new areas of cost out and implement operating efficiency.
- Provide feedback and support to other Sourcing Leaders.
- Interface with SBUs and other Businesses on cross business projects
- Formal sourcing qualification / Engineering degree and /or relevant master's degree
- 7 years relevant experience in a sophisticated indirect sourcing environment
- Delivered savings and deployed initiatives projects
- Shown ability to lead virtual teams
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of time, as required
- English Language Level ：Reasonable level (speaking & writing)
- Japanese Language level：Fluent (speaking & writing)- Native (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
- Tenacious, strong negotiator, good communicator at all levels and across different cultures.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
- Great stakeholder management - able to understand internal customers' needs and CTQ's and deliver them from the supplier base
- Can work in a matrix and under pressure against deadlines CTQ's and deliver them from the supplier base
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Supply Chain, Purchasing