☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Package Development Senior Engineer
As an individual contributor,
- Support the new product launches by developing new packaging through partnership with suppliers and ensure it matches the design with high quality and our sustainability strategy, e.g., Post-Consumer Resin application etc.
- Build existing product packaging know-how, integrate the technical data to company system (short term) and identify the technical solutions for sustainability and cost optimization and lead the implementation. (mid to long term)
- Provide technical support in solving quality issue in plants and customer complains.
- Contribute innovation in package development through proactively monitoring unique package options from consumer/professional competitors and related industries and share the learnings with regional and global package development team.
- Lead dialogues with key internal and external stakeholders to execute above mentioned tasks
- 6+ year working experience in personal or beauty care product packaging development with at least 3 years in team leadership role.
- Packaging material related education background e.g., Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Material science, Engineering design, etc. with B.S. or M.S degree
- Good writing and speaking skill in English
- Strong self-motivation and can-do mindset.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Fundamental understanding of cosmetic and quasi drug regulatory affairs in Japan
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Working experience in hair related product package development
- Experience in using the BI interface such as Tableau and Power BI
- Fundamental knowledge on statistics
- English skill certificate（CEFR B1 or above）
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
8〜10 million JPY
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Health Care Provider, Manufacturing, Production