☑Japanese global company
Senior Software Engineer, Applied Machine Learning
Japanese Tech Company
* A leading global information and news discovery company *
Applied Machine Learning Engineer Responsibilities:
- Machine Learning engineers are responsible for tackling complex problems related to recommendation and optimization (search ranking, collaborative filtering, personalized recommendation, diversification, and more)
- Plan and execute engineering development of a state-of-the-art core-ranking system to provide a Personalized Discovery experience to millions of users
- Develop algorithms and model architecture to deepen understanding of article contents as well as user behaviors
- Collaborate closely with global cross-functional teams to support new product feature development
- Work closely with software engineers to enhance systems related to news features (articles, pages, channels, search, etc.) using Machine Learning technology, providing high-quality user experience and increasing user engagement
- Initiate, plan, and execute mid to large size projects that benefit the core user engagement metrics
- Mentor and coach junior Machine Learning Engineers
- Proactively contribute to system improvements that result in direct user impact through innovation and creative thinking
About Our Engineering Culture
Our engineers come from variety of backgrounds, from large, well-established companies to small ventures. We believe that employees with diverse sets of skills working together make for strong, cohesive teams.
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Science (physics or mathematics), or other relevant majors
- 3+ years experience with prediction, optimization, or other relevant systems for the online web service (e.g content recommendation, online advertisement, search optimization, etc.)
- Experience impacting overall business through machine learning, deep learning, or mathematical optimization (e.g achieving increase user's time-spent in the service, etc.)
- Familiar with architecture and implementation mechanism of at least one mainstream machine learning programming framework (TensorFlow/Pytorch/MXNet/etc.)
- Experience with and interest in leading and mentoring engineers
- Familiarity with several of the following ML libraries: Tensorflow, xgboost, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, etc.
- Knowledge of developing and debugging in Java and Spring-boot
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Flink/AWS
- Business-level proficiency in English
English Language level: Business level is preferred
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
10~25 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Perks and Benefits at the Tokyo Office
Support program for employee's self-development and well-being
Healthy lunches are prepared on-site daily
We provide all healthcare and social insurance benefits required by Japanese labor law
Visa Sponsorship and Relocation Support
For candidates who meet eligibility requirements, we can sponsor visas.
To support a smooth transition for candidates who are moving to Japan from overseas, we partner with a travel service provider.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology, Other