☑Japanese global company
☑English language required
Medical Director (Gastroenterology)
Japanese Pharmaceutical Company
This role will provide leadership in achieving the vision within the therapeutic area (TA) by applying and integrating patients' needs, environmental trends and latest scientific knowledge, to ensure optimal benefit for our patients, earn the trust of society and other customers.
The main role of the Medical Unit Head (MUH) is provide strategic input into TA medical affairs plans (MAP) informed by customer insights and voice of patients, as well as provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on decisions requiring medical insights and medical monitoring.
This role will provide primary oversight and supervision of the Medical Excellence Hub for launch products, and/or the respective Centers of Excellence (CoE) for inline and pipeline products.
As a study physician, the MUH will lead and monitor the clinical, health outcomes and other real world research activities pertaining to advancing development of company's clinical portfolio and be engaged in medical dialogue with relevant medical and scientific thought leaders.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Expertise in relevant disease or therapeutic area
- At least 5 years of relevant medical affairs and/or clinical affairs experience with demonstrated ability to design and execute evidence generation studies and interpret evidence/data to drive optimal patient care and Japan reimbursement.
- Excellent medical engagement skills
- Effective matrix leadership competency
- Awareness of the healthcare environment in Japan and needs of external customers
- Excellent English skills
- Consideration will be given to a qualified candidate with less than 5 years of medical affairs experience, who otherwise possesses specialty or sub-specialty training, demonstrates exceptional capabilities on scientific expertise, strategic vision, currently with substantial influence on medical/scientific network and high learning agility
- M.D. license
- Good moral standing in relevant Medical Society
- Must have clinical science background in relevant disease/scientific area
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Ph.D. degree with research experience
- Specialty board certification
- Management skills, such as MBA, Project Management Professional (PMP), or currently studying MBA, PMP
- English Language level: Business level (TOEIC over 800)
- Work permission in Japan required
12〜20 million JPY
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Sick Leave, Family Support Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Health Care Provider