- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
- Responsible for implementing the Medical Affairs Plan of specified Team strategies, driving a consistent approach to carrying out scientific engagement activities internally and in the field; ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and company's policy/code of conduct
- Effectively develop strong strategic relationships with key influencers and external organizations to ensure that company retains a leading voice within the therapeutic areas in Japan.
- Co-ordinate and utilize specialist knowledge and align with cross-functional brand colleagues to formulate and implement short- and long-term medical strategy for access and use of company's medicines
- Key role in developing Medical Strategy for company's medicines
- Provide analyses and reviews of company's products, therapy areas and competitor products, making recommendations, which assist marketing in the determination of current and future strategic direction.
- Work closely with MAL, regulatory, commercial and clinical development colleagues on pre-launch planning, including strategic evidence planning and generation.
- Key role in the planning and development of promotional and educational campaigns, with responsibility for
- scientific content (core claims) of materials ensuring the data maximize commercial potential.
- medical accuracy and compliance with the product license and the relevant Codes of Practice
- training materials and training of relevant MSLs
- Responsible for co-ordinating company's response to complaints from regulatory bodies and competitors - this will typically involve engaging members of the extended brand team e.g. brand manager, medical governance manager, legal, external affairs
- Input into the defense of complaints made by competitor companies, medical professionals or regulatory authorities against company's promotional statements or activities.
- Provide and collaborate with the MSL team to develop scientific tools required for them to successfully perform their job (e.g. scientific platform content, presentation of new data, therapy area reviews, product monographs, slide sets, training packages etc.) as appropriate to business and customer needs.
- Contribute to the development, attend and present at appropriate meetings (advisory board meetings, investigator meetings, expert meetings, and CME meetings). Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the therapy areas by reviewing the literature, discussions with key opinion leaders and key stakeholders, participating in cross functional interactions, attending scientific congresses, etc. Supporting scientific research and clinical studies (company's sponsored/supported). Ensure the right approval processes of company's supported studies (ISSs) by the PIB, and the follow up during the life cycle of the research project in collaboration with the MSLs
- Graduate degree of medical, pharmaceutical or life science.
- Significant experience in a role successfully engaging in scientific exchange with external experts.
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills to represent the company in a professional manner at medical, scientific and public events.
Previous Experience Required
- Academic (research) background, experience in drug development, regulatory, medical scientist
- Ideally 5 years pharmaceutical industry experience and successfully scientific engagement with external experts.
- New staff may gain this experience in post.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Solid grounding in clinical, medical and pharmaceutical science with the ability to rapidly assimilate specific and detailed knowledge in these areas
- Experience evaluating and effectively communicating evidence-based medicine
- Proven leadership experience and ability to lead change
- Strong scientific communication and presentation skills
- English communication skills (both spoken and written)
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
10〜14 million JPY
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Health Care Provider