☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Cyber Security Director
Leading life insurance company
We are looking for Cyber Security Director for a leading life insurance company based in Tokyo.
You will be expected to play a critical role as Director of Cyber Security functional unit of Japan Information Security group to proactively protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company's and customer's information.
Leads the Cyber Security unit to comprehensively cover functions of the global information security framework based on NIST CSF.
Work closely with peer leaders of Information Security group, other IT teams, relevant internal control functions and businesses to manage cyber security agendas during normal operations and also at the time of security events or actual incident.
Promote our Information Security programs with all local and global stakeholders.
- Ensure our Information Security programs are properly followed to manage systems and operational risks.
- Lead the functional unit by example being demonstrated by hands-on work for the daily activities and also propose solutions to the improvement initiatives.
Immediate focuses include:
- With the capabilities of advanced threat discovery and remediation, enhance security posture, strengthen managing email used threat and application vulnerabilities.
- Help enhancing ransomware recovery to ensure business resilience.
- Improve enterprise readiness to respond and recover from significant cyber events.
- Lead responding to internal/external audits and managing the identified issues/actions, for cyber security.
- Promote cloud adoption from the perspective of managing security and risk.
- Act as a go-to person for cyber security agendas with all local and global stakeholders.
- Communicate and liaise proactively to work with local and global counterparts for planning as well as executing various activities, and clarify roles and responsibilities.
- Respond to changes in regulatory requirements, industry standards and trends related to information security and analyze for implications and take measures as necessary.
- Provide report on progress of various programs and current security posture.
- Participate in an industry event or working group such as Financials ISAC Japan as required.
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience in cyber security related field which involves 3 years or more experience in people management.
- Business level English and advanced level Japanese proficiency.
- Ability to prepare accurate reports for all levels of staff in an appropriate clear language and provide oral presentation.
- Willing to learn new things in technologies and information security.
- Business Application development experience or IT Infrastructures hardening experience.
- Interest in broader information security and risk management areas such as IT risk governance and Third-party risk management.
- Experience or interest in financial industry particularly life insurance.
- Familiar with regulatory/industry standards (NIST CSF, PCI DSS, FISC)
- CISSP or similar certification is a plus
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: advanced level - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
13-19 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Information Technology