[ポジション] Inventory Control Assistant Manager
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
This role will be a member of Inventory Control Team, currently held in the Finance department, reporting directly to the Inventory Controller. He/she will be the link among several functions (Retail, Finance, Logistic, Merchandising, IT, Security), assist Inventory Controller to ensure that inventory related process is compliant with corporate policies.
- Ensure all items in stores (back of house included) are accurately recorded and stored appropriately, including packaging bags and uniforms
- Coordinate with retail department so that all stores will follow Inventory management procedures
- Investigate inventory discrepancies: identify root cause of any inaccuracies, suggesting control points in order to mitigate shrinkage risk, and follow action plan with involved departments.
- Validate each manual inventory adjustment and make sure each adjustment is properly booked.
- Ensure the transfer of the merchandise is compliant with local legal and fiscal framework
- Assist Inventory controller in each inventory management project, monthly closing, monthly analysis (shrinkage, damaged stock, aging analysis etc.) and compliance control
- Monitor the cycle counts and organize physical stock taking (mid-year and year end) and analyze any stock discrepancies, reconcile physical inventory levels with system on-hand quantities.
- Coordinate with involved functions to manage each price event
- Take part in the validation of process changes or system changes impacting inventory
- Support the stores in daily activities related to the Inventory (Shipping and Receiving process- transfers)
- Cooperate with other departments in Japan and Headquarter to improve existing processes and define points of control to be improved/implemented if needed
- Participate in opening new stores
- Provide training to the back-office staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics
- 3+ years of experience in Logistics/Finance analysis or Retail operations or Inventory planning/Supply Chain
- Good knowledge on Inventory related operations and basic understanding of inventory accounting is preferable
- Experience of multinational retail company is preferable
- Proficient on Excel and on PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and quantitative thinking skills (especially concerning financial activities)
- Strong interest for IT activities (knowledge of software solutions would represent a plus)
- Fluency in English and Japanese (Japanese: Native/ Fluent, English: Business Level)
- Able to work occasionally in holidays, nights and weekends (mainly for stock taking) Desirable Character
- Strong attitude to work within an international and dynamic environment, confident to work with different business functions (Retail, Logistics, Merchandising, IT, Finance, Security)
- Must have excellent attention to detail and ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently, be self-directed and self-motivated
- Efficient, and problem solving oriented
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing