・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Internal Audit Manager
Global Banking Group
[Intern Audit Team]
The primary role of Global Internal Audit (GIA) is to help the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the Group. GIA provides independent and objective assurance as to whether the design and operational effectiveness of the Group's framework of risk management, control and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate. GIA aims to help improve the organisation by acting as an independent advisor who can challenge current practices, champion best practices and be a catalyst for improvement with the objective of ensuring that the organisation as a whole can achieve its strategic objectives. GIA possesses a combination of broad and deep capabilities, by way of its versatile, inquisitive, creative and diverse team of global professionals.
GIA values the diversity of perspectives, knowledge and experiences. Encourage candidates from an array of disciplines and backgrounds and supports flexible working.
In Japan you will be one of a 2 person Audit Team, reporting to the Head of Audit.
We are currently seeking an individual to join this team in the role of Audit Manager, Japan Country Audit team. The Audit Manager will deliver assigned work, support activities, and where applicable lead and deliver audits. The Audit Manager will:
- Effectively deliver assigned audit activities throughout the end-to-end audit process within the expected timeframes, standards, methodology, budget, and best practices.
- Confirm that audit findings and recommendations are understood and mitigated.
- Make sure assigned audit work is consistently delivered and assist where needed with team members.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the applicable Business, Functional, and Regulatory environment, including developing trends, risks, controls, and expectations.
- Support a strong risk and conduct culture across the Group and promote awareness and sound operational and strategic decision-making.
- Critically analyse and determine key drivers of change for area of coverage and assess how these will impact audits.
- Use insights, industry knowledge and current developments to assess areas of concern.
- The geographical remit of the role primarily covers Japan but would also require to support
- Committed Team Player that upholds and delivers allocated assignments and helps others as needed to achieve common objectives.
- Effective communication and ability to maintain constructive with stakeholders and team members
- Coherently articulate audit exceptions and findings to GIA team members and management, and as necessary to business and/or functional stakeholders.
- Effectively discuss potentially challenging matters and ability to communicate with impact and articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Relevant work experience in the Financial Services Sector, consultancy, and external audit will be considered, but is not always essential.
- Relevant accounting, audit, analytical, financial, project management, programming, quantitative, risk, and technology skills, qualifications or certifications.
- 2 - 5 years' experience in Banking and Internal Audit.
- Degree in business, accounting, mathematics, or social sciences
- Preference given to qualified accounts, CA, CIA, CISA, CFE, or ACAMS
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Mature team player who is highly professional
- Analytical and critical thinker, who can effectively manage competing priorities and complex challenges to deliver positive outcomes.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative methods to analyze and investigate challenging scenarios and situations.
- Produce smart, simple, and pragmatic solutions.
8~12 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday , Annual Leave,
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing, Finance, Analyst