☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Head of Client Documentation
Global Investment Company
The Client Support division aims to create a seamless and scalable service & support model for the Japan distribution business (currently but not limited to Institutional, Wholesale and DC). The Client Documentation team is a group focused on client reporting and other administration activities for clients. The team will sit in the Client Support division.
Our mission is to provide Best in Class services to clients and support asset growth.
Purpose of Your Role：
This position plays a critical role of providing high quality client reporting for all channels. It is accountable for all client reporting such as Institutional, DC, some parts of retail fund reporting, and ESG/stewardship code documentation. To satisfy various type of clients, you should be a trusted partner with multiple sales heads and other relevant stakeholders. In addition, the team will be expected to expand to undertake additional client related activities to allow the client service and sales teams to focus on spending time with clients.
- Strategic leadership of the Client Documentation team to align with business goals.
- Manage end to end process of client reporting and development automation strategy, including supporting excellent solution ideas and discussions.
- Maintain good knowledge of best practice from the marketplace and market reporting trends.
- Implement efficient process for managing new reporting requests.
- Own continuous improvement of reporting and explore technology to find innovative new approaches.
- Continue automation and realize team efficiencies through automation.
- Maintain a proactive approach to client improvements as well as addressing gaps, errors and data inconsistencies.
- Lead the development of client reporting strategies and plans by co-working with Head of Client services and Technology teams.
- Retain, motivate and develop talent within the team to enable them to deliver on their responsibilities and create an environment in which people can do their best work
- Manage day to day responsibility of the team and all work-flow and resource planning.
- Build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders (sales, product, operation and overseas offices) and business partners.
- Conduct team workload management and allocate team resources to make talents have right assignment.
- Reduce key man risk as much as possible through task sharing and visualization of processes.
- In charge of report creation and sign off task, especially for complicated reporting
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in asset management industry and client reporting area
- Knowledge of product, operation, client reporting and industry regulation
- Excellent translation skill based on financial knowledge
- Willingness to question processes with a view to improving client service delivery
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of documentation and reporting
- Solid business communication skills; verbal and written fluency in English and Japanese.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organization and client organizations.
- Proactive focus is required with a high degree of responsiveness, quick turnaround, impeccable follow-up and a focus on exceeding expectations. Individual possesses the ability to anticipate requirements or obstacles and have plans ready to address them.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving skills and possesses the ability to think through issues and follow to resolution.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines: must be able to handle, coordinate, and prioritize multiple tasks, issues, and problems, ensuring resolution.
- Ability to work at differing levels of details; both big picture concepts and complex, detailed issues.
- People management experience
- Preferably degree educated
- English Language level: Fluent
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
14~18 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday , Annual Leave
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance