☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Fund Finance Manager (FFM)
Real Estate Investment Firm
Purpose of the Job
The key objectives for the Finance Manager ("FFM") is to be responsible for supporting the Head of Fund Finance ("HFF") in the management and financial accounting responsibilities of their respective Fund(s). The FFM should have sound technical, commercial and management skills.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Financial accounting - statutory The FFM will be responsible for supporting the HFF for statutory accounting. This includes:
- Preparing the reporting timetable;
- Reviewing specific financial balances within the consolidated accounts;
- Preparing working papers for the auditors;
- Reviewing standalone accounts.
Financial accounting - investor reporting The FFM will be responsible for supporting the HFF for the financial accounting which includes:
- Preparing the timetable for investor reporting;
- Reviewing the local prop co accounts, the holding companies within the structure and the consolidated;
- Reviewing elements of the NAV calculations;
Client services and investors The FFM will assist the HFF on the following:
- Building relationships with client services team;
- Develop an understanding of who our investors are and their reporting requirements;
- Develop an understanding of our IM brand;
- Assist with the preparation of investor drawdowns, distributions and preparing supporting schedules to answer investor queries.
Banking, debt and cash management - The FFM will support the HFF on the cash management and day to day banking. This includes:
- Cash management across the entire structure;
- Preparation of payments for approval of certain payments;
- Calculation of intercompany interest payments;
- Review of bank reconciliations;
- Completion of treasury management information reporting; and
- Preparation of bank reporting.
Financial modelling - The FFM will assist the HFF with the fund modelling. This includes;
- Developing excel skills;
- Develop an understanding of how investment property works; and
- Develop an understanding of investment appraisal
Transaction support - The FFM will assist the HFF in providing financial assistance and support to the portfolio managers and Group Tax Manager. This includes;
- Reviewing financial due diligence;
- Preparing information as required to support the transaction process;
- Develop an understanding of tax structuring; and
- Preparing information for the transaction approval committee reports.
Corporate Governance - The FFM will assist the HFF with ensuring that the companies in the structure are appropriately managed. This includes;
- Developing an understanding the requirements to hold board meetings and shareholder meetings in the countries where the fund has companies;
- Preparing of information for board meetings; and
- Assist with ensuring that all required companies and tax filings are done on a timely manner.
Taxation - The FFM will provide support to the HFF with managing the tax structure and tax reporting of the funds him/her are responsible for. This includes:
- Develop an understanding of the fund tax structure and substance requirements;
- Develop an understanding of ongoing management of the structure;
- Assist in ensuring that documentation is kept up to do date; and
- Assist with tax compliance as required.
- The FFM is responsible for managing his/her own deadlines, workload and developing project management.
Ad hoc tasks
- The FFM will be required to undertake other ad hoc tasks or projects from time to time.
- Qualified accountant
- Typically around 6 - 7 years' work experience
- Basic Excel skills and competence with other Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of IFRS and Japan GAAP and
- Knowledge of local corporate taxation requirements.
- Good written and spoken English; and team player
- Native level writing and speaking in Japanese
- Good communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to interface with non-Finance colleagues and service providers; and
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude and be able to demonstrate this during interviews.
- Understanding of private equity real estate funds ideal but not required
- English Language level: Business level (writing and speaking)
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
9-14 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing, Finance