- Applicant must be in Japan. *Due to pandemic.
About the company
We are one one of the one of the leading online service providers in Japan with wide ranging services from e-commerce to booking sites to financial service products and even life sciences/cancer treatments.
During this global pandemic we been performing very well and while some of their businesses took a temporary hit, other businesses are making more than up for it with significant growth as a whole business.
What's in it for you
- Fast growing, multi-cultural, international team
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and transparent culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
- Work/Life Balance: we honor great work and producing great deliverables. Not sitting in the office all day and night.
- Opportunities: variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day as well as Utilization of new technologies.
- We are looking for fullstack engineers that are interested building and running a science platform for Science & AI applications.
- The platform integrates latest solutions including On-Prem/On-Cloud computing resources, application frameworks for running new Machine Learning, Deep Learning applications for AI.
- You will have many opportunities to use the latest technology, and choose the best platform solutions based on good design thinking.
- You will work with small and quick moving teams, and also with other data scientists as the platform customers.
- Design and implement application architecture.
- Work along with engineers and promote collaboration between teams.
- Validate and Improve the code quality in Rakuten.
- Participate in the mid and long term product vision.
- R&D activity for new technologies.
- Computer science or related background
- 6+ years' experience in software development, especially using Java/Golang as a programming language
- Experience with microservice architecture like Spring Boot/Spring Cloud
- Experience with RESTful design/Unit Test/Integration Test
- Experience with SQL and some of the modern relational databases
- Experience with Cache like Redis/Memcache
- Experience with message queue like RabbitMQ/Kafka
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins/Spinnaker/Docker
- Experience with Throttling/QoS/Stress Test/etc
- Experience with common Linux commands and Linux scripting languages
- Experience with designing and building tools based on specific requirements
- Experience with building and maintaining data science platform
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with service mesh architecture like Istio
- Experiences in web service development in multiply industries.
- Solid knowledge of large volumes data processing
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, MongoDB, CouchBase
- Experience with Kubernetes, Cloud Native technologies
- Experience with log aggregation system like ELK/Flume
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS and Big Data querying tools, such as Tez, Hive, and Impala
- 4-8M JYP annually (Negotiable based on experience)
- Team/department dependent (3 times in office is preferred)
Please note you do not need to match all qualifications.