- Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Global Footwear Company
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Strategic Financial Planning and Process Management:
- Working in strategic partnership with the General Manager & Senior Director, FP&A APAC to establish and maintain a financial controls framework within the organization (P&L/ Inventory/ Balance sheet).
- Manage the preparation of the 5 years /annual budget/periodic forecast. Actively work with all managers and financial planning analyst to lead the strategic approach toward the sustainable business.
- Review and analyze current business practices, formulate proposals which will develop sophistication of our current practices, processes and systems.
- Offer innovative solutions to facilitate profitable and sustainable business growth.
- Work with the Senior Director, FP&A APAC to identify business opportunities and assess future risks for effective operations
- Prepare evaluations for the current and future business/financial operations and make recommendations for new business models including retail development and Brand portfolio.
- Review the business contract terms and the liaison with Global legal team.
- Management of company insurances and liaison with the necessary global departments
- Develop reports and Management Information which will contribute to the achievement of company objectives.
- Deliver the corporate financial goals and monthly reports and plans according to the business calendar.
- Ensure compliance with local legal requirements and budgetary reporting requirements, and operating rules
Local Statutory and US GAAP Finance Expertise:
- To be the Local finance expert on all financial regulations, requirements, compliance, tax, legislation etc and ensure global finance team aware of key financial regulations or reporting. To communicate regularly with the global finance team to keep them abreast of developments.
- MBA in Finance/Business Management is preferred
- Qualified chartered accountant with Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Minimum 15 years finance experience with 10 years of management experience (ideally but NOT a must)
- A finance expert within an international/MNC company ideally in the retail and fashion/brands sector
- Experience of working with executive level
- Experience of working in a fast paced new business environment and for a global company with corporate structure and policies and procedures
- Expert financial knowledge of local statutory accounting and audits
- The ability to think strategically, creatively, solution based and be proactive
- Demonstrated ability at leading and driving implementations of finance processes and initiatives with the ability to be both strategic and ensure execution.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and a logical mindset
- Demonstrated ability to coach management teams
- Proficient verbal and written English
- The ability to travel the region and to the US for management and finance global conferences
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications and finance & operations systems, ie Hyperion, Oracle.
15~22 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Finance, Analyst