☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Director, Consumer Insights
Global Research Company
About the consumer insights team:
The fast pace of change has impacted businesses globally. A large number of companies are trying to re-invent themselves to keep up with the changing business scenarios and differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Our portfolio of products especially Consumer Insights division (CI) is helping clients in this reinvention journey. Our behavioral researchers in CI team tackle our clients' issues by unlocking the why and the how, while our data researchers identify key clients' priorities quantitatively by applying data science techniques on the surveys and other big data sources.
About the job:
The Consumer Insights Director will have full responsibility for the CI business in Japan. Their duties will include managing and supporting the Consumer Insights research team to grow the business and service our group of clients across industries as varied as FMCG, online as well as offline retail, financial services, tech and telecom, auto, hospitality, apparel, travel to achieve planned financial objectives and other operational performance indicators.
- Identify areas of business opportunity and work on the white spaces to create new revenue streams
- Track the progress of various business development activities
- Maintain and further foster relationships with current clients
- Participate in the development and launch of new services
- Contribute to the strategies and business plans for the growth of the business unit based on global and regional / sub-regional directions
- Provide continuous feedback on competitive activities within assigned clients
- Achieve revenue, profitability, quality, speed of delivery and productivity targets as well as other related business development objectives as assigned
- Provide an accurate monthly, quarterly and annual business performance forecast
- Monitor the actual financial performance against budget/forecast and ensure the implementation of appropriate actions that will lead to the achievement of the financial targets
- Guide the team on the pricing strategies by keeping in mind the business need, client relationship and competitive scenarios
- Ensure local business strategies are implemented according to regional / sub-regional directions in order to meet the financial and business objectives of the business unit
- Ensure proper pricing and contracts are completed and approved according to company's policies and guidelines
- Develop and maintain Top to Top relationship with the existing and new clients
- Implement plans that will contribute to maximum client satisfaction and ensure continued profitable and business growth
- Ensure client service standards are implemented and enhanced as client expectations continue to evolve and change in the marketplace
- Provide product solutions and benefits to client business issues/opportunities by developing strategic initiatives for each client
- Bachelor's Degree in the related field
- Minimum 12 years of working experience in CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) research industry experience or relevant industry
- Experience and the ability to work in a multinational company with a matrix organizational structure.
- Excellent client management and relationship building skills and ability to converse with mid-level stakeholders in the client organization
- Expert knowledge of statistics, multivariate analysis, research techniques, and methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint and/ or Google Spreadsheet & Slides
- Good client service skills and able to communicate and write effectively in English and Japanese
Curiosity drives your interest in what moves the market. A proven commercial leader, who can build and execute sales strategy and plan, and be accountable to sales operations, such as forecast and pipeline management. A proven people leader, who is passionate about developing and growing talent, who has a track record of building morale and high engagement among their team members. A team player, who has the ability to collaborate with peers, and contribute to the management team.
English Language level: Business level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
15~20 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Director
Job Function: Business Development, Sales, Other