☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Remote ☑Flex time
Global Financial Company
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering DevOps Engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
About the Team:
DevOps is at the cornerstone of beginning a new journey. DevOps Engineers from Application Development, Operational Engineering and Enterprise Technology Services (Infrastructure) are working together as one team to bring different departments together. We also align with the regional DevOps team on the strategy. We are all passionate about solving problems and making the process better.
We are seeking highly collaborative and creative engineers who are passionate about being a change agent in the organization to drive DevOps transformation.
You will be part of DevOps team under Operational Engineering Department. As an experienced member of DevOps team, your mission is to bring DevOps practices to all Japan applications and bring DevOps mindset & culture to the Information Service organization. You will have opportunities to understand processes in IT Ops. You will be closely working with DevOps Engineers and Application Developers from Application Development Department in order to analyze the code and problems, design and implement solutions.
- Understand current processes of the application development team and the release team.
- Find areas to explore for improvement, analyze the problem landscape and come up with solutions.
- Propose solutions to stakeholders and get buy-ins.
- Implement and rollout solutions with application development teams.
- Document key information and share knowledge to uplift the engineering culture.
- Measure the effectiveness of solutions and keep improving.
- Carry out above activities with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Report and share the status of your activities and escalate when requires attention.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, self-starter and does not procrastinate.
- Be a critical thinker, not an order taker.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Minimum 2 years of experience implementing Jenkins pipelines in Groovy, Maven, Flyway, Liquibase or similar database migration tools.
- Knowledge and experience with Git, BitBucket and various branching models.
- Minimum 5 years of experience and proficiency with Java 8+, any scripting language, and SQL.
- Experience with J2EE and application servers (Web Sphere, etc.)
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with IT colleagues from various disciplines such as IT Ops, AppDev, Architecture, IT Risk and regional DevOps governance.
- Able to build and sustain long-term relationship across multitude of stakeholders in a multi-directional dynamic work environment.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present, persuade and influence peers and vendors.
- Experience with Spring Boot and Spring Batch.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCS).
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kured, Fluentd, Istio.
- Experience with managing AKS infrastructure will be a plus.
- Experience with Singe Page Application and Angular.
- Understanding of micro-services architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- Proficiency in Japanese.
English Language level: Business level
Work permission in Japan required
11~13 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Under the pandemic situation, it is currently 100% work from home. It is possible to work from office based on prior management approval.
Standard Working Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Include 1 hour break. Flextime system available)
Social Insurance (Health Insurance, Employees' Pension, Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Accident Insurance), Benefit One, Training system (include Japanese lesson / English lesson), Childcare Leave/Family care Leave, Baby-sitter support program, Support program for those who take Childcare Leave, Retirement Pension (only for Regular employee).
Saturdays and Sundays
Year-end and new year holidays (December 30, December 31, January 2 and January 3)
Annual Paid Holiday
For Regular employee, other special holidays are available (e.g. Anniversary Leave, etc.)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Information Technology, Other