☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
Demand and Supply Planning Manager
Global Food company
The Demand & Supply Planning Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining the consensus 18 months rolling demand plan for Finished Goods and VISITS Materials at multiple levels of aggregation, using statistical models within APO, and utilizing insights from Sales, Marketing, and Finance. Oversees the flow of supply to secure 100% stock availability and efficient inventory levels and ensures alignment with company's financial and sales plans. Also, work closely with his/her peers in the company Japan to develop, implement and share best practices in alignment with Production Planning Team in HQ.
- Responsible for analyzing the historical sales data, trends, base growth, distribution, market share and create/analyze a statistical forecast and determine the operations demand plan in order to challenge/align with the sales demand plan.
- Collaborate with Sales to understand the past performance of sales, drive root cause analysis to understand error in prior periods and highlight inconsistencies.
- Foster collaboration and chair meetings with key customers to maintain knowledge of customers practices and achieve consensus forecast.
- Responsible for providing 18 months rolling forecast for Finished Goods and VISITS, identifying risks and opportunities to the operating plan and financial framework.
- Create a robust planning function to support continuous improvement for the Business.
- Supporting the Ops Manager, responsible for managing/leading the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process and meetings for Finished Goods products and VISIT/POS items. Align on the consensus demand plan during the monthly S&OP cycle and update/fill out/adjust the demand plan in the planning tool in accordance with the consensus.
- Ensure monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process is effective and defining the meetings(structure), deadlines for Finished Goods products and VISIT/POS items according to the Global Guidelines.
- Based upon the consensus demand plan, generate the monthly local supply plan as input for the Global S&OP Process by defining the location split of the demand plan, define target stock levels, consider restrictions, etc.
- Translate SKU monthly forecast to executable and effective supply planning according to the specified agreed guidelines from PPL HQ.
- Lead solutions of Demand and Supply imbalances.
- Establish and manage inventory levels to ensure no out of stocks, inventory levels according to business plans and ensure healthy product age according to the quality guidelines. Alert to the Operations Manager in case of risks in inventory management, and provide plan to reduce risks
- Manage product transitions of New and Phasing Out SKUs.
- Demonstrate 10 plus years of experience working in areas of demand & supply planning, sales forecasting, and likely marketing activities in FMCG industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail account operations, forecasting technology, systems, market research data and supply chain management.
- Proven ability to conduct complex, quantitative and statistical analysis complimented with qualitative inputs from multiple sources to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Working experience in a multinational company or with multinational partners is a must.
- Experience in people management or leading/supervising a team is a must.
- Preferably deep knowledge and experience in SAP - ERP & APO DP/SNP
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel (advanced level)
- Excellent communication skills, including presenting and training
- Ability to develop relationships with other areas of the business particularly the sales, finance and marketing teams.
- Self-motivated team member who can drive resolution to issues with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills, can motivate and lead teams
- English Language level: Business level
- Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Work permission in Japan required
10~12 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Retirement program, Group life insurance, Group medical insurance, Long-term disability insurance (income security), Benefit one, Free drinks, Staff discount
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays, New year's holiday,
Maximum of 20 days of annual leave right after entering the company (it differs depending on joining month)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Supply Chain