☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required
Global Pharmaceutical Company
- Manage the design, deployment and delivery of projects / project work streams providing IT solutions that meet business requirements across Japan market (primary focus) and potentially other markets if needed.
- Direct project teams and maintain control of progress, quality, and budget to meet the desired business objectives.
- Lead the deployment of projects and engaging with regional/local business and various TT functions where appropriate to secure timely implementations and local business adoptions where required
- Ensure delivery excellence and leadership throughout the Japan projects and drive changes management appropriately.
- Ensure a smooth project transition to operations and the optimal planning and execution of all activities associated with a application/product release.
- Work with different TT functions to support Demand shaping activities, providing optimal planning and estimation in terms of solution, services, timeline, cost and resources.
- Ensure project deployments are managed in accordance with our policies and guidelines.
- Manage the delivery of internal and outsourced projects from project initiation to transition to operations.
- Assumes responsibility for achieving the project objectives
- Plans and manages the deployment in Japan, allocate/align internal and/or external resources to accomplish deployment tasks and leads throughout the project duration until closure and handover to Operations, ensuring Japan market needs are being reflected in service/solution.
- Monitor and control project execution, establish project governance, managing risks and issues.
- Ensure effective use of resources and project management methods, tools and practices
- Deliver projects on time and within budget and to meet the desired business objectives and success criteria.
- Manages quality of deliverables and maintains control over the project's status and budget.
- Ensures Business Partnering functions and business stakeholders are kept informed throughout the project deployment duration and early notification on escalations.
- Provide transparent and accurate project reporting including overall performance of the project and project documentation completion
- Own project status, issues and risks through appropriate channels / tools and ensures that these are reported back to agreed project governance (e.g., Steering Committee) with focus on required actions, ownership, and risk management.
- Accountable to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance and GxP policies and procedures within Project Management service scope
- Collaborate effectively with other teams, TT Functions and Domains in the organization, as well as strategic suppliers providing services to the project
- Regularly assesses whether project continues to meet business objectives and to use funds efficiently, ensuring that project is managed to realize business benefits.
- Monitors all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, project resources and risks
- Ensure deployment of projects comply with best practices and internal process framework and continually strives for improvement to improve speed, quality and business value realization.
- Ensure that projects are formally closed and lessons learned are captured, actioned to benefit other projects and programs in the future
- Produces appropriate documentation to support relevant processes and deployment standards
- Define and execute change management and training initiatives and material
- Foster innovation in the respective Japan market by adding cross-domain, cross-functional expertise on technology and business trends.
Key Performance Indicators
- Projects are effectively managed, enabling them to be on time, to budget and to the expected quality level.
- Lead the assigned project team to jointly achieve a high customer satisfaction
- Adherence to applicable Security and Compliance policies and controls; defined project management methodologies, tools, and practices; and to delivery processes for IT projects
- Successful deployments, measured by project KPI's and success criteria.
- Benefits delivered by portfolio ($, risk mitigation, technology innovation, value added)
- Strong customer focus, knowledge of Japan market needs and ability to manage customer expectations, ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to medium projects in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship & Matrix organization
Financial responsibility (where appropriate):
- Financial responsibility to ensure that projects remain within budget forecast for each individual project.
Impact on the organisation (where appropriate):
- Deliver solutions and/or services direct to the customer in a market. Ensure efficient and effective project deployment to meet customer requirements for sales Force (Reps, KAMs, MSLs, management, etc.), HCPs, payers as well as patients/consumers, supporting best possible patient outcomes.
- University degree in business/technical area adequate equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Japanese (formal and professional level) and English, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in business lingo and gain understanding.
- 8-10 years of experience in a similar role with a proven track record in project management in a technical capacity and managing diverse portfolios
- Demonstrated leadership skills of leading projects.
- Change implementation planning and management
- Analytical mindset and experience in solving complex issues and challenges.
- Background and business experience in the pharmaceutical industry highly desired
- Strong technical background and experience with deployment of complex system integration project is required.
- Experience in deploying SaaS solution (Salesforce.com, Veeva) for CRM &/or sales processes is highly desired.
- A proven track record in delivery of end-user focused solutions to 5,000+ users
- PMP / Prince2 certification is required
- Experience with agile project methodologies highly desired
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to work with others in a high paced, fluid, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to operate in a matrix organization
- Strong can-do attitude and results-focused
English Language level: Business level
Japanese Language level: Fluent - Native Level (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
Work permission in Japan required
10~12 million JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Health Care Provider, Information Technology, Project Management