・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑English language required
☑Japanese language required
☑Hybrid (On-site x Remote)
Compliance Officer & MLRO
Leading Global Payments Company
We are looking for a Compliance Officer & MLRO, Japan to join our extremely fast-growing global Fintech business and strengthen our compliance team in Japan. You will work with a growing team of multidisciplinary specialists (Verification, AML, Fraud, Product and Bank Product) to help build world class products for Japan. You will also manage and strengthen the teams' relationships with regulators by being the Regulator's first point of contact for financial crime issues, keeping everybody informed and protecting our most valuable asset - our customers. You will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and high energy environment.
- Improve the compliance product in line with our mission to be instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free
- Maintain our regulatory financial crime authorization for Japan: (i) regulatory reporting and filing, (ii) regulatory liaison and (iii) leading our audits
- Build trust with our regulator: manage and coordinate meaningful reporting internally and externally, respond to information requests, and proactively communicate product changes and notifiable events
- Keep up to date with financial crime regulatory change and provide input to governmental policy departments on the impact of proposed changes in regulation
- Maintain compliance frameworks, policies and documentation and support regulatory audits
- Develop systems to track and monitor our regulatory risk, compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Work with teams from different countries to educate them about Japanese financial crime requirements, and empower teams to build risk based processes which are clearly documented.
- Identify areas where we can improve financial crime risk management to allow us to achieve more with our product
- Manage consumer complaints process
- Scrutinize and test compliance programs, including quality assurance, interpret findings and work with Operational teams to develop our risk based approach, provide constructive feedback and be responsible for resolutions, including addressing any audit findings
- Adapt your focus on different compliance issues in line with growth plans and compliance needs
- Work with global Product and Operational teams in Tokyo and APAC Region, and travel to our operational offices (subject to regulations).
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them interpret the financial crime regulatory framework and prepare the information that our regulators need
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments and new initiatives by horizon-scanning for new regulatory developments and sharing these with the teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in fintech, payments or financial industry
- An expert in AML regulatory compliance
- Experience in dealing directly with the Japan Financial Services Agency or Kanto Finance Bureau
- Good working knowledge of Japanese regulations such as the 'Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds Act', 'Payment Service Act' and 'Forex Act' (資金決済法、外為法、国調法、犯収法)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, strong motivation
- High fluency in both Japanese and English, be able to interpret regulations in Japanese and English and regular communication with people from all teams (e.g. Banking, Engineering, Product, Operations and Compliance)
14-16 million JPY + Bonus
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Social insurance, Flex work
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal, Finance