・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑Foreign business ☑English language required ☑Japanese language required ☑Flex time
Business Development Manager
Global Financial Data Provider
Japan is our second largest market in APAC and has seen double-digit growth in annual recurring revenue (ARR) in the last seven years. The stable client base, consisting of established asset managers and asset owners, coupled with the rising growth of Japan's alternative asset industry paved way for us to open the Tokyo office in 2018.
The regional sales team has consistently been one of the top drivers for APAC's performance; the team's primary goal is to grow our business, relationships and brand equity in Japan.
The business development manager will own a specific market segment within the Japan market; their primary goal is hunting and selling to non-subscribing new firms in order to achieve monthly sales targets and quarterly milestone goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a pipeline of new business opportunities within a defined sales territory
- Achieve or exceed monthly net sales targets
- Employ a consultative approach to selling our services to new clients - deep understanding of clients' business models and problems, and identifying the appropriate our solutions
- Manage the sales process from beginning to end - this includes securing introductions with decision makers, providing prospects with product demonstrations, detailed proposals and consultations
- Face-face meetings at client sites, events and conferences within territory
- Work collaboratively within a team environment to prioritize the interests of our customers and the firm
- Accurately report internal administration: CRM activity log, sales pipeline forecasting, monthly reports to management, renewal planning and proposal preparation
Key Requirements for this Role:
- At least 2 years of sales and / or account management experience in a similar discipline (preferred: financial data vendor, financial services, alternative investments, business to business SaaS sales, solution selling)
- Consultative sales and negotiation skills and experience in a B2B ecosystem
- Proven track record in hitting sales and retention targets
- Native or full professional proficiency in Japanese
- At least professional fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills in written and verbal communications
- Organized, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite and CRM systems. Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Sales motivated, team-focused attitude, and willingness to collaborate with peers, product management, and internal key constituents at the firm
- Working knowledge of the financial market data space, alternative assets, and financial services industries
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or related field required
8-11 million JPY+ Bonus
Social insurance, Flex time
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance