※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] AML Officer
[Salary] 18〜21 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
This role supports Japan Head of Risk and Compliance ("RCO") and APAC Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Fnancing ("AML/CFT") Director and will leverage on the Global Financial Crime ("GFC") Program Teams to support execution of the daily activities in relation to AML/CFT activities for Tokyo Branch.
- Take overall charge of all AML/CTF matters within Tokyo Branch, including ensuring a timely and appropriate reaction to any matter in which ML/TF Risk is suspected and overseeing the reporting of suspicious transactions
- Ensure that, as part of the Global ML/TF and Sanctions Risk Assessment, the Tokyo Branch ML/TF and Sanctions Risk Assessment is reviewed and updated regularly, and that appropriate systems, procedures and controls to manage ML/TF Risks are developed
- Ensure that ongoing monitoring of business relations, sample review of accounts and testing of the performance of the various systems, procedures, processes and controls is undertaken
- Advise and train employees (including senior management) on developing and implementing internal policies, procedures and controls on AML/CTF
- Engage and oversee the global group affiliates that provide AML program support on Tokyo Branch's behalf
- Ensure AML obligations are understood and complied with within emerging Japan growth initiatives and new products.
- Partner with GFC, Global Legal Inventory and Legal to stay abreast of changes in AML laws and regulations and recommend appropriate changes to ensure that operations adapt to comply with these changes.
- Support first line in prioritization of risk mitigation.
- Support management and operations with problem solving on AML regulatory matters with Escalate timely and actionable information to key stakeholders.
- Report to and support for Japan Head of RCO for general compliance and regulatory matters with respect to Tokyo Branch respective licenses of the funds transfer business operator and prepaid instruments issuer
- Good knowledge of global financial institutions, payment service business, and/or banking compliance, including significant knowledge of AML/ CFT, and due diligence practices.
- At least 10+ years of experience in a large organization including demonstrated leadership in building AML Programs.
- Extensive experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process, ideally with those Japanese regulators
- Ability to navigate across multiple geographies, including global shared services functions that reside outside Japan with a strong command of both Japanese and English languages
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple and clear manner.
- Ability to take ownership of outcomes and the ability to work with business unit teams to confront issues and drive performance.
- Skilled at identifying and recommending cost effective solutions and organizing resource allocation.
- Extensive experience in partnering with and counseling senior business clients, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and operational process skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyze regulatory risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills with the ability to successfully work multiple issues at one time.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment, and cross functionally with operations and technology functions.
- Ability to operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature
- Partnership - organisational awareness, engages widely with peers and seniors across company
- Innovate - leads effectively in a dynamic, fast-changing environment; challenges convention.
- Deliver Stand out Results - develops decisive strategies that deliver tangible results.
- Execution - focuses the business area on strategic priorities; operates clear, simple systems.
- Enable and Grow Talent - builds capability and a succession pipeline.
- Leadership - contributes to the business leadership agenda; sets business area vision.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Legal