・Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
・Applicants must be able to speak fluent ~ native level Japanese (Equivalent to JLPT N1)
☑外資系企業 ☑英語力が必要 ☑リモートワーク可 ☑フレックスタイム制度有
- Responsible for the overall accuracy and integrity of our financials, making sure our books comply with both US GAAP and local statutory requirements
- People Manager to 5 accountants/analysts in Japan that span across RTR, PTP, Payroll, Claims/Rebates, Credit & Cash App functions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Record to Report (R2R) - Accounting and Tax
- Oversee the month-end closing process which includes account reconciliations & analysis, journal entries, material ledger etc
- Coordinate and complete external local stat audit
- Ensure completeness and accurate submission of all Direct and Indirect taxes return filing.
- Ensure the monthly claims by customers are accrued and settled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Procure to Pay (P2P)
- Responsible for the overall P2P function which includes maintaining vendor master data, timely and accurate payment.
- Support the successful Coupa roll out by 2023
- Respond to any ad hoc requests from the business and coordinate external banking relationship
- Liaise with bank relationship manager, corporate accounts payable team and treasury team to resolve banking or payment related issues
- Continuous process improvement to our account payable processes
- Business Partnering
- Be the key subject matter expert for any accounting and tax queries
- Provide clarity and training on accounting and tax policies, local and US GAAP, to the business
- Support any commercial led ad hoc projects by providing technical accounting support.
- Internal control
- Implement a robust internal control system by identifying control gaps, establish local policies & processes and ensure segregation of duties
- Ensure robust compliance to internal policies
- Process improvement
- Drive accounting process efficiency and effectiveness through digitization initiatives by partnering closely with IT and Corporate Accounting groups
- Partner with IT to implement tools to improve accuracy and remove manual tasks when possible.
- People Management
- Provide leadership and career development opportunities to his/her team
- Ensure efficient resource allocation
- 8-10 years' experience in an accounting function with similar responsibilities
- Experience working with SAP or similar ERP platforms
- Must have experience in Japan local GAAP and tax regulations. Added advantage if there are experience in Singapore, Philippines and Indonesia local GAAP and tax regulations.
- Verbal and written fluency in English required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and trust.
Seniority Level: Mid Senior Level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing