We are looking for a webmaster who will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the university website as well as development aspects of digital marketing.
In this exciting and important role, you will be part of the Communications team who deal with advertising, publications, and public relations, but will also be working closely with the Directors of seven programs, as well as our technical staff to ensure a high quality, effective website to support the university's mission - to contribute to international education and cross-cultural understanding.
Our website is an information hub for the university's operation and management. As the webmaster, you will also be responsible for the maintenance of current and future web-based application systems. You will also work closely with the various departments to ensure timely updates of the website.
Candidates with a communications and marketing background, as well as management experience will be considered to lead the Communications and Marketing Support team as the Director of the department, in addition to their duties as Webmaster.
- Run our bilingual (E/J) website (the website) smoothly in coordination with other departments, taking into account the operations of the entire organization.
- Oversee the operation of the website in relation to other communication mediums, such as advertisements, publication materials and PR activities.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and execute web projects for better support of the operation of the university, marketing and PR.
- Research, develop and implement digital marketing strategies, including SEO, online advertising, and mail and social media marketing.
- Design and create effective web pages and other digital marketing communication tools such as e-mail and social media.
- Help create content that contributes to the promotion of the university, including news stories and videos.
- 1 or more years of experience in managing bilingual websites for a mid-to-large size organization.
- Basic knowledge of web technologies, including web servers, such as Apache, and web programming languages, such as PHP.
- Ability to understand our target market and work with other members of the organization as well as the communications team to market and promote the website.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and quickly solve business problems with viable, long-term solutions.
- Ability to accept general direction and work independently while also partnering with other members of various departments to achieve deliverables.
- Strong content development skills for digital medium, not limited to websites but also other digital platforms, such as social media.
- Experience in web analysis tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager.
- Ability to outsource and manage projects.
- Have a customer focus mind and business protocol.
- Experience with WordPress and JAMstack development tools such as Gatsby and Netlify a plus
- Fluent Japanese and Business leve English
9:00 to 17:30, Monday through Friday
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.